Page 56 of 194 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Yeah, from what I can remember, it was just a small TV showing lots of '70s clips. (Waiting In The Weeds and Desperado weren't shown, so I don't know when or where Eva had seen me crying over them before! I meant to write that above.)

That was gorgeous, by the way. I am so envious of Stevie's hair. Amongst other things!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I dreamt last night that Dreamer, PLS, Molly and I were walking down the sidewalk and were passing a really nice hotel with glass doors. Suddenly we see someone waving at us through the doors - it's Glenn, wearing an untucked pink polo shirt and jeans. He comes out and he has Taylor with him. We decide we'll all walk to the mall together. Taylor and I get ahead of everybody and we have to keep stopping and waiting for Glenn, Dreamer, PLS, and Molly to catch up, lol.

So, we all walk into the mall and I hear "You Never Cry Like a Lover" playing. "Oh, I don't like that Fleetwood Mac song" I say, and then suddenly realize my multi-level mistake. I start trying to make a recovery. "Um... I meant the Eagles...and I actually don't think the song is bad at all..." I hear Taylor say, "Uh-oh, Dad hates it when people compare the Eagles to Fleetwood Mac" and Glenn looks pissed off. I keep trying to recover - "Of course I knew it was the Eagles - I wasn't comparing - it was just a slip of the tongue - besides, I really like Fleetwood Mac so I associate you two because you're both so great - and I really don't hate the song, I mean it's not like it's as bad as 'Disco Strangler', that song really sucks...." I know I'm digging myself deeper but I can't seem to shut up. Glenn is looking more and more pissed off and Dreamer, PLS, and Molly look like they want to take turns pounding me into the ground.

Finally I just start repeating "Shoot, shoot...I'm sorry...shoot, shoot..." That's when I mercifully woke up.

It felt so realistic that as I woke up, I was still trying to think of a way to talk myself out of the hole I'd tripped into thanks to my big mouth!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LOL! Awww, sounds like a bit of a nightmare to me. This bit cracked me up though:

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    and I really don't hate the song, I mean it's not like it's as bad as 'Disco Strangler', that song really sucks...." I know I'm digging myself deeper but I can't seem to shut up. Glenn is looking more and more pissed off and Dreamer, PLS, and Molly look like they want to take turns pounding me into the ground.

Aww Lou, already getting 1st row jitters. Have that beer and calm down!

Soda, your dreams always seem like old I Love Lucy episodes. I always picture them in black and white. The only thing missing is you going, "WAA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A!"
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh my Soda - funny how you have to keep pi$$ing Glenn off in your dreams. Why is it that I can just envision Glenn looking at you and saying something like "Nancy, now you've really #$%&* up!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That's hysterical!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Why is it that I can just envision Glenn looking at you and saying something like "Nancy, now you've really #$%&* up!!!
    Well, hopefully he would say it in the nicest way possible.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I do believe that a discussion that was going on in Facebook last night may have led to this dream for me last night. It wasn't much but never the less, when I awoke, my first thought was I needed to put it on here.

I was at a Houston hospital for a minor surgery. I was sitting in the waiting room filling out paperwork and Larry was at the desk talking to someone. I looked up and saw Glenn come thru the door but I quickly turned away because I wasn't suppose to look at him (hmmmm?). I heard people talking behind me how they had heard that Glenn Frey and Don Henley were at the hospital and were going to the pediatrics ward to entertain the kids. I thought that was really interesting and was trying to figure out how I was going to sneak up there and check it out.

When I looked up again, I saw Larry coming thru some big doors with Don and they were talking with each other. They walked up to me and I stood up and stuck my hand out to Don and started to introduce myself. He gave me a hug instead and said he already knew who I was and was anxious to meet me after Larry had told him what a huge Eagles fan I was. We talked for quite awhile (don't remember any of that part) and then he said he had to go. He shook Larry's hand and told him how nice it was to meet us both and then gave me a peck on the cheek and said he'd be sure and tell all the other guys that he had met one of their biggest fans. Then he turned and walked away. I looked at Larry, who was smiling from ear to ear at me, and then they called my name to go back.

That was it! Like I said, not much of a dream. Curious that it was about Glenn and Don and no Timothy anywhere in sight! And why Houston?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Maybe they had Kermit in tow somewhere and they were going to do Bein' Green!

I would go to the hospital to meet Don and Glenn!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

See, Willie? Don can be sweet!