Page 6 of 194 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Here is my number two dream about the guys, which occurred in the early morning of January 23rd, the day of the concert.
    I was watching an Eagles concert (in person, but I don't know where) and they weren't wearing suits! I remember thinking that one of their people must have been lurking on the board, and read all the posts saying we wish they would wear some less formal attire. (Of course, I know some of you like the suits, and I certainly respect your opinions)
    Anyway, I noticed that Glenn was wearing a plaid shirt with large checks, and Don had on a shirt with small blue and white checks, with a sky blue t shirt under it. In the dream, I could see how it really brought out the blue of his eyes. I heard them sing "How Long", "No More Walks in the Woods", and some other acapella songs that I had never heard before! Then Don sang a song with just him and the acoustic guitar. He said it was by Texas singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt, who happens to be someone I like very much. I was thrilled that Don was doing one of his songs. He only remembered one verse, but he sang it anyway, and received thunderous applause.
    During the break, I walked by two double doors, and I could see Glenn and Don kneeling down, talking to a little boy. I heard Glenn say, "You are a nice boy!"
    Then I was walking down a hallway and ran into Don. He was much taller than I thought-almost seemed to be about 6'3" or even taller! His hair looked like HFO, and he was still wearing the shirt with the small blue and white checks. His eyes looked very blue. He told me he was looking for a quiet spot to sit down and write song lyrics. I told him my hotel room was quiet, so we went in, and as he was writing, I brought him a glass of limeade!
    When the concert resumed, the guys got mad about something and started arguing among themselves. I could see all four of them on stage yelling at each other. Finally, they did "The Long Run" and then stormed off the stage!
    There was no encore, so we didn't hear "Take it Easy" or "Desperado".
    It was a rather depressing ending to the dream, so maybe I should have taken the hint that I wouldn't be seeing them that night after all.

Wow, what crazy dreams! But I'm glad you got a taste of the Eagles in your dreams, even without the concert (which still makes me sad)!

I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    On my recent trip to New Orleans, I had two very vivid dreams about the guys, before the concert, which caused me to think I really would be able to score a good seat and see them this time around. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but the dreams were so vivid, I almost felt as though I had seen them, if that makes any sense!
    The first dream occurred on January 22, the day before the concert.(I wrote both dreams down immediately after awakening, so I could be sure to remember them to tell all of you!)
    In the first dream, I was at the concert in New Orleans, sitting on the front row with my husband. The show was proceeding as usual, when, after about three or four songs, Glenn came down from the stage, walked right up to me, and asked me if there was any song I wanted to hear that they hadn't been doing on this tour! Without hesitating, I said "Ol' 55". Now if this happened in real life, I most likely would have said "Ol'55" or "Best of My Love"!
    At any rate, Glenn returned to the stage, and they did the entire song ("Ol' 55"), and I actually heard the song in my dream! (No wonder I felt like I actually went to the show!)
    When the song ended, Glenn said, "That sounded so good, we'll do it from now on!" (Bear in my mind, I didn't see any of the other guys, or hear their reaction)
    Next, they started setting up a boxing ring on stage, Glenn shaved his head, and put on boxing trunks and a muscle shirt! (Who knows where THAT came from?) They led out his opponent, a guy who looked like Robert Downey Jr. I remember saying to my husband that the guy resembled RD Jr., but I knew it wasn't him. And then I woke up before the boxing match started! (It would have been fun to watch Glenn box!)
    I'll tell about the next dream in my next post...
    Great song choice, however!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Here is my number two dream about the guys, which occurred in the early morning of January 23rd, the day of the concert.
    I was watching an Eagles concert (in person, but I don't know where) and they weren't wearing suits! I remember thinking that one of their people must have been lurking on the board, and read all the posts saying we wish they would wear some less formal attire. (Of course, I know some of you like the suits, and I certainly respect your opinions)
    Anyway, I noticed that Glenn was wearing a plaid shirt with large checks, and Don had on a shirt with small blue and white checks, with a sky blue t shirt under it. In the dream, I could see how it really brought out the blue of his eyes. I heard them sing "How Long", "No More Walks in the Woods", and some other acapella songs that I had never heard before! Then Don sang a song with just him and the acoustic guitar. He said it was by Texas singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt, who happens to be someone I like very much. I was thrilled that Don was doing one of his songs. He only remembered one verse, but he sang it anyway, and received thunderous applause.
    During the break, I walked by two double doors, and I could see Glenn and Don kneeling down, talking to a little boy. I heard Glenn say, "You are a nice boy!"
    Then I was walking down a hallway and ran into Don. He was much taller than I thought-almost seemed to be about 6'3" or even taller! His hair looked like HFO, and he was still wearing the shirt with the small blue and white checks. His eyes looked very blue. He told me he was looking for a quiet spot to sit down and write song lyrics. I told him my hotel room was quiet, so we went in, and as he was writing, I brought him a glass of limeade!
    When the concert resumed, the guys got mad about something and started arguing among themselves. I could see all four of them on stage yelling at each other. Finally, they did "The Long Run" and then stormed off the stage!
    There was no encore, so we didn't hear "Take it Easy" or "Desperado".
    It was a rather depressing ending to the dream, so maybe I should have taken the hint that I wouldn't be seeing them that night after all.
    This was a doozy! I guess my favorite part was when you told him your hotel room was quiet !

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

They were indeed to crazy dreams Stars, but understandable considering how hyped up to the gig you were. I'd say both felt really real! I'd love to hear them sing 'Ol 55 ' live as well.

I had this strange one the other night that I was at Pebble Beach, but Glenn wasn't! Also that the son of a friend of mine was handing out the programmes!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I had a dream last night that I was at the small little theater around here for an Eddie Money concert and I was really mad because I had paid $195.00 for the ticket and I thought the only band worth that was the Eagles. Eddie got wind that some people were upset so he went out and brought sandwiches back for everyone in the audience.

Weird! The only reason I can think of for Eddie Money is I did go see him over 20 years ago at that little civic center (really good show actually). The magic amount of the ticket has to be because that is what the Eagles tickets are in Indy.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I get the strangest things on Don’s Google Alert. This isn't my dream, but someone else's, a guy’s blog called Unremitting Failure. He is actually a pretty good writer.

Here’s the blog post:

Death Comes to the Princes of LA on a Horse named Wildfire

Last night we dreamed we were sitting in a hot tub at Glenn Frey's place in Laurel Canyon with Don Henley, J.D. Souther, Andrew Gold and Jackson Browne. We were drinking tequila sunrises and talking past triumphs, our seventies chest hair glistening in the otherworldly light of the wildfire that was roaring towards us. We'd talked about jumping into our Porsches and making our escape, but in the end had decided to stick it out in the hot tub, outlaws with the voices of angels to the very end. The time seemed right. Down in Hollywood glam had been followed by punk, and both groups mocked our mellow vision with their sounds of sneering derision. The world, it seemed, had wearied of our brand of peaceful easy LA fornication rock. It made fun of the way our turquoise chains perfectly set off our golden chest hair, made fun of our $9,000 Italian-made cowboy boots and our wonderful, beautiful, perfectly blow-dried man beards, made fun, believe it or not, of our entire way of life. No, we'd decided this was it--Country Rock's Last Stand.

So as the flames closed in we reminisced and talked about what we'd miss. "The girls," said Don. "The cocaine on the girls," said Glenn. "My own unacknowledged supertalent," said J.D. "My awesome sensitivity," said Jackson. "My beard, which is the Platonic ideal of Seventies' L.A. facial hair," said Andrew Gold. We all took a moment to admire Andrew's Beard. It belonged in a museum, behind glass.

"We had a good ride," said Don. "People considered us arrogant and shallow and greedy and hedonistic, but we had every right to be. We were geniuses, fired in the forge of the Troubadour, and we ruled this town with our fist in its glove of mellow." "Love 'em and Lear 'em," said Glenn.
    "Getting pretty toasty," said Andrew. "Good thing we have a bottomless supply of our signature drink, the cool and panic-suppressing Tequila Sunrise." We all raised our glasses in tribute. "J.D." said Jackson, "Your beard's on fire." Andrew calmly hurled his TS into his face and said, "Gentleman, the hour is late. I say we conclude our extended engagement in this shallowest and most glorious of towns with an a Capella rendition of Take It Easy."

And that's what we did, as the wind howled red and the fire roared through and boiled us, still singing like turquoise angels, in our hot tub.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That is too funny! Love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I love Glenn's quote: "Love 'em and Lear 'em"-how funny is that??

Didn't I read somewhere on The Border (I think on a thread involving Don and Stevie, but awhiiiiiile ago...) that Don actually said that quote in days gone by?