Page 61 of 194 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Had a dream last night with Jackson Browne and Timothy B. Schmit making an appearance. Here goes...

I was spending a day shopping with one of my closest friends. We made our way to a music and video store called Hastings (not sure if this store is available in other states but there are many here in OK). I knew exactly what i wanted to buy but couldn't find it and as I was about to ask an employee for some help I saw Jackson Browne organizing a stack of cds. It was as if he was working there. My jaw dropped the moment I saw him and I grabbed my friend and pulled her along as I made a bee line to JB. He saw me walking toward him with a huge smile on my face and he stopped what he was doing, smiled and said "Hello, ladies. How can I help you?" I said "OMG!! You're Jackson Browne. I can't believe it's really you." With a wink and a smile JB said "Yes it's really me." I said "This is so amazing. I love your music. I finally got to see you perform live last year in Oklahoma City. That was a great show." JB "Yeah, that was a great gig. I had a lot of fun at the one." Me "So, what brings your here? It looks like you're working here." JB "Well i kind of am working here but only for today. Me and a few other musicians are doing some volunteer work to help out this charity." He points to a sign for the charity but i can't remember what it's for and i don't see what Hastings has to do with any kind of charity. After our nice little chat he digs in his pocket and hands me and my friend a guitar pic. He gives us both a hug and says that he should get back to work. As he turns away I see more "employees" walking closer to us. Right away I notice Timothy. He's wearing a plain white tshirt and blues jeans and his hair was that nice little fluffy wave like we've seen at concerts. Once again my jaw dropped and my friend said "Now who do you see?" In astonishment I told her in almost a whisper "It's Timothy!!" He was laughing with the other "employees" as they walked closer and closer to us. For a moment I couldn't move. I wanted so bad to go up to him and say something but i couldn't think of anything to say. I thought back to when Joe walked by me, Lou, Annie, Rhonda, and Cami. None of us could move or say a word when we saw Joe. I didn't want that to happen again so i worked up my courage and walked over to Timothy. He had such a friendly smile as I walked up to him. He greeted me first saying "Hi, I'm Timothy. How can I help you?" I smiled a smile of which i'm sure was a really goofy and embarrassing one and said "I know who you are. Hi, I'm Jessica. I saw you in concert a few weeks ago in San Jose. It was the best concert i've ever seen!" Smiling even bigger Timothy said "Oh that's so sweet of you. I'm glad you got to see the show. Will you be going to anymore?" Excitedly I said "Yeah I'm hoping to go to the show in Dallas!!" Timothy said "Great!! I hope to see you there. Here you go. This is for you and your friend over there." He handed me two guitar picks. "Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much!!" I looked back at my friend and she was giving me a thumbs up and also said "thank you" to Tim. "It was great meeting you" Timothy said "I should really get back to work." "Oh yes, it's for charity. That's a really good thing you're doing for those people." He smiled kindly and turned away to continue working. I completely forgot what I had originally gone into the store to buy as my friend and i were walking away. As we were walking out i remember more of what i wanted to say to him. I wanted to tell him that i'm glad he's better after his surgery. I wanted to tell him about our adventures on the road trip, mainly about getting stranded in Winslow. I forgot to tell him about me and Lou being in the front row and that we saw Joe in the hotel lobby. I was about to turn around and walk into the store when my stupid phone rang and I woke up. UGH!!! From now on i'm turning my phone on silent when i go to sleep.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Mmmmmmm Nice dream Jess!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Border Desperado

I had an Eagles related dream!

In the dream, I'm talking to glenn and we're talking about a piano riff for a song and he says, "ask glyn johns" and I turn and glyn johns is there and I laugh, startled, and he is in a fog (in the studio) i can't make out his face and his voice is a very clipped english accent....

he says, "i can only tell you what I told glenn frey (and he mispronounces it fray) and that is what Paul McCartney told me... that "you never cry like a lover" would be better with a trill and two percussive chords to establish the song.

Then, I turn and Paul McCartney is at the piano and he plays the intro and says, "I knocked this one off for the boys when they were here at Olympic! (in typical Paul jolly fashion) and he sings the song and, pow!, it is a Paul McCartney song.

I'm shaking my head in amazement and Paul says, "the song was for Jane Asher, really, we seemed so perfect for each other, but we were never right when we were alone. a bit like that old glen campbell song."

I woke up wondering what song he was talking about and then I realized it was a Johnny Hartford song "gentle on my mind"....

Now, I wish I could get Paulie to sing the song as I can imagine it.

(anybody enjoy the song references in this post?) no? ahhh...
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Cool dream, Jess!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

A nice dream, Peek.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Bernie appeared in a dream of mine Sunday night but I haven't had a chance to put it up yet. It's quite involved. I will, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I had a very brief Eagles dream last night. I guess fueled by Timothy's recent hospital stay, I was sitting on his hospital bed, he was in bed, looking really good!! Jean was there and we were all eating Dove Ice Cream bars and he kept stealing the chocolate off mine. That was it, but then, Tim, in bed with chocolate, what more do you need? *G*

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I had a very brief Eagles dream last night. I guess fueled by Timothy's recent hospital stay, I was sitting on his hospital bed, he was in bed, looking really good!! Jean was there and we were all eating Dove Ice Cream bars and he kept stealing the chocolate off mine. That was it, but then, Tim, in bed with chocolate, what more do you need? *G*

He sings it high, he plays it low

Lol Ticky! I would give anything to know what triggers these Eagles dreams!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I had a Joe dream last night!

Unfortunately by the time I opened my eyes I couldn't remember anything that was said in the first "scene". But I do remember impressions.

I was in a small living room with some guys, I guess they were supposed to be friends of mine but none of them had faces, they were just vague extras in my dream. Joe came into the room. I don't know why he was there, but it felt like a very casual meet 'n greet. It was seventies Joe - he looked like this

He was wearing a long sleeved button down shirt and pants. When he talked he sounded like he did in the Steve Dahl interview. I got the impression that he was just being goofy and having fun but that he didn't normally sound like that. As Joe got more and more silly he continued to goof around, and at one point he whispered something into my ear. I don't remember what he said but I felt his mouth touch my ear!

The whole time we sat there I held a book. My impression is that it was a book about Joe (?), and it was my intention to have Joe sign it.

After awhile one of the guys in the room said, "Oh yeah, we gotta go, we said we'd paint that house today!", and Joe said he'd come along and help.

After they left a few young women came into the living room (I think they were the guys' girlfriends), and I knelt down and opened some doors in what looked like an old microwave cart. I started pulling out Joe's solo albums and handing them out saying, "Here, you can have Joe sign these."

Then I walked outside and down an alleyway a couple of doors down to the house that the guys were painting. It was a very long old house with white peeling paint. I walked by the first long side of the house and didn't see anybody. When I got to the other long side of the house, there was Joe, all by himself with a paint roller on one of those extender poles. I watched him for about 30 seconds. He was really going to town! He was rolling the paint on really fast and occasionally he would jump as high as he could to reach a spot. The paint he was putting on the house looked like mud and he had it all over him. I said, "Would you like me to hose you off?"

And then I woke up.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.