Page 62 of 194 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Too funny! Pm, has Joe been helping out with your redecorating?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

lol - that's great!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LOL! Great dream, Cathy. If Joe's not already helping you with your decorating project, he should. I'm sure he'd love your chest.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I said, "Would you like me to hose you off?"
    Makes me wonder if that line ever works!!

And Lou--- naughty!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I've been meaning to put this in here for a while now, but kept forgetting. I had a very entertaining dream that was less bizarre than usual, and for the first time, my dream starred Bernie Leadon.

I'm in the middle of the woods and it's raining hard. I come across this small house with a big wooden porch out front with a porch swing, Southern-style. I'm desperate for shelter and so I run up to the door and knock. It's opened by Bernie Leadon and I recognize him, but for some reason I'm not star-struck. It's like he’s just a regular guy. He invites me in, no questions asked. Suddenly this big dark-haired guy appears behind me and also wants to be let in out of the rain. Bernie shrugs and lets him in.

He invites us both to the kitchen for drinks. His kitchen is very old-fashioned with appliances from the fifties. He grins really widely and asks us if want tequila sunrises. We say yes. Bernie starts getting a bottle of tequila out of his cupboard and opens the refrigerator to get orange juice when the guy starts saying weird stuff – about violent things he’s done when he’s drunk – he’s laughing and thinking it’s funny but they were bad. I won’t go into them here because it will bring everybody down but it was violence against women. Then he goes to the bathroom.

Bernie looks at me. “We can’t let him have anything to drink. Even if he was just kidding… he’s not right in the head.”

“I was thinking the same thing,” I say, relieved. “Just don’t pour the tequila into the drink. Give it to him without the alcohol.”

“He’ll know the drink’s not strong. He saw where I keep the tequila… he might try to go for it later…”

“Hide the liquor behind your guitars,” I say. He has a whole bunch of them lined up in his den which is next to the kitchen. “Come on, we don’t have much time!”

Bernie grabs all of his bottles of liquor out of the cabinet and somehow manages to get them all in the next room behind his guitars before the guy comes back out of the bathroom.

He grabs the virgin drink, swigs it, laughs maniacally, then leaves.

"Phew!" Bernie says. "Thanks for that great idea, Nancy." I beam. He says "Come on into the den. I'm going to play for you a song I never play for anyone. It's about a girl I knew a long time ago... " he trails off and looks sad. I don't say anything.

We go into the den and he gets out his acoustic guitar and plays this sweet love song. I feel bad for him because it's obvious he loved this girl and they broke up. After he finishes I tell him I thought it was great and he cheers up.

Then the dream flashes over to me being back in a field near his house again, only this time it's sunny. I'm humming the song as I pick flowers. This woman comes up to me who looks like Linda Ronstadt from the 70s. "Where did you hear that song?" she asks. Before I can answer, she says, "It reminds me of a song I heard once..." and she goes on to sing the song.

I think "Oh my gosh, this must be Bernie's long-lost love!" I tell her "Come with me. I have a surprise for you." She does, and we go up to Bernie's house again. He's on his porch swing, singing the song. She comes up to him and sings harmony as they look deep into each other's eyes. I'm watching going "Wow, this is so romantic" and I'm positive now that they've found each other again, they'll be together forever.

They finish the song and start kissing. I woke up before they could thank me, lol. I also woke up feeling really happy for them! It was like a mini-movie and a lot more fun than most of my dreams!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Awww What a beautiful dream Nancy!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Very cool!

"...before they could thank me". LOL.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Lol Nancy. I'm glad your dream changed from a maniacal drinker to a love story between Bernie and Linda!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is a preety cool dream, Nanc. I'm sure Bernie will be forever grateful to you!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That's a funny story! I thought that Linda Ronstadt was J.D. Souther's girlfriend, That must mean that she and Bernie are, at least, good friends!

(It's just a dream about sweet sixteen)!
    Last edited by Lisa; 06-26-2010 at 07:46 PM.