Page 66 of 194 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Soda, you have more dreams than anyone I've ever heard of! And so many with Eagles (and especially Glenn) in them! And they are so vivid! How do you do it?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have multiple dreams every night - all I gotta do is go to sleep! Odds are that the Eagles will make a few of 'em, and sure enough, they do! lol I've always had very vivid dreams which can be good or which can be bad, depending on whether it's a dream or a nightmare.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    What's funny about Soda's dreams are the things she says. I love the "oohs" and "dang its'.
    EXACTLY! Cracks me up every time! LOL

I FINALLY had an Eagley dream and it was a REALLY GOOD ONE!!

I was at an Eagles concert with my good friends Christi and Eric and at first it seemed like our seats were in about the 10th-15th row on Timothy's side but as the concert started we were in the second row. Huh ! When I would look toward the stage it seemed like I was in a huge arena filled with thousands of people but when I would turn around to look behind me it was like I was in a half filled theater. That was a really strange feeling and it made me a bit sad that there weren't as many people there as I had seen at past Eagles concerts but when the house lights went down I forgot all about that. The guys came out on stage and started into 7BR but about 30 seconds in there was a mechanical problem and they had to completely stop the song. Glenn apologized for the inconvenience and said that they would get it taken care of as soon as possible. For a while the guys were just standing on the stage and talking to each other then after a few minutes Glenn and Don started to walk off to the dressing rooms while the problem was getting fixed. Many people had gone to the concession and restrooms and some people completely left the concert so it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of people in the arena/theater. Tim started to walk to our side of the stage (i'm guessing to head to his dressing room) and he saw the group of us that was still there and smiled at all of us. He seemed to genuinely appreciate that we had stayed. He came down from the stage and walked toward us with open arms and said to me, Christi, and Eric how happy he was to see us again. I'm sure I had a confused look on my face because I was thinking "How the heck does he remember us?" Tim noticed my confusion and said that he remembered seeing us at the Wichita and San Jose concerts. (This is really weird because in reality Christi and Eric only went to the Wichita concert with me). I would never really be able to ask this in person because I would be waaaaaay too nervous but I asked Tim if I could get a hug. He smiled and said "Of course". As we hugged he told me that he would spread the word that we were there. I was really surprised by that but I just smiled and said okay. I wasn't expecting anything else because meeting Timothy like that was such an amazing moment. Besides the concert starting again how could it get any better than that? Tim pulled a handful of picks out of his pocket and handed them to us before he headed backstage.

I sat down in my seat stunned by what just happened and then I turned to Christi and asked her "Did that really just happen?" She smiled big and said "Oh Yeah!" Timothy wasn't kidding when he said that he would spread the word because not even 5 minutes later Glenn came out to give us some guitar picks. He didn't stay very long but he told us he was really glad to see us again and gave me and Christi a hug and a hand shake to Eric. Glenn looked fantastic and even though he was wearing that black and white plaid shirt again he looked so great up close. The concert started again shortly after Glenn left and the first half of the show seemed too pass by too quickly but it was amazing as always.

This concert was already more than I could have ever imagined and it was about to get even more memorable. Shortly after the guys left the stage for intermission Joe was walking toward us. He was wiping his face with a white towel and even after doing that he still seemed to be a little sweaty. He came over with that fabulous goofy grin of his and said "I heard you guys were here! Thanks so much for coming again. I wanted to stop by as soon as Tim told me but I was too late and we had to start the show." We all chatted with Joe during the intermission and I told him about seeing him in the hotel in San Jose and he said next time we need to be sure and say Hello. Joe seemed so laid back and kind. We had lots of good laughs and it seemed only too soon that he had to leave us and go backstage to get ready for the second half of the show.

During the rest of the concert Don looked our way a few times and smiled and waved at us but he didn't get to come over like the other guys did. I was completely floored by everything that had happened. And I thought getting some eye contact from the guys during the concerts was great. Getting to meet Tim, Glenn, and Joe like that was beyond amazing. I don't remember much from the actual concerts but I just know that it was as good as ever. This dream has to go down as one of the best dreams i've ever had.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

That's a nice and happy dream about meeting all of the Eagles. Don Henley is so cool in his paragraph!

Too bad Don wasn't able to come over and meet you too. It must have been a very realistic dream to have that kind of impact on you.

(Isn't it pathetic that I'm jealous about a dream?)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Now Jess - that is seriously one very cool dream!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    (Isn't it pathetic that I'm jealous about a dream?)
    - around here we call you normal!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

WOW! What a cool dream!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Great dream Jess!! Timothy must of been haunting sleeping Borderers last night.

I had a dream last night that a few of us (I remember Cathy, Nancy & Lou, but I know there were a couple of others) were at a small venue with tables instead of regular seating. We were all sitting at a table at the very front before a Timothy solo concert. Out from a side door walked in Hank Linderman who came over to our table and started talking to us. I pulled out the picture of Timothy which is a publicity shot from the 80's from the Playin' Cool days and asked him if he could get it signed for me. He took it, laughed and said something about Timothy's hair. Then he said "I'll do even better than that" and left.

We were all wondering & talking about what the heck that was all about and what he had meant. Then he came out again and Timothy was right behind him. They both came over, pulled up chairs and sat down and started asking our names and where we were from, etc. Timothy asked which one of us had that silly picture and everyone pointed at me. He started laughing and pulled out a newer picture for all of us and signed them all and started handing them out to all of us. We all gushed for awhile and then he & Hank started to get up saying they had to get backstage to get ready. As they were leaving, Timothy turned back around and asked if there was a special song we would like him to do. Everyone looked at me (thanks guys! ) and I asked he was already doing Secular Praise and he nodded and said to pick another one. I told him I wanted to hear Every Song Is You and he said he would do it just for us.

What a guy!!! Might need to put that song on today and hear it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Wow Willie, that would be a dream come true - to hear him do Every Song Is You live!

*when I woke up this morning there was a signed picture of TBS under my pillow! JK!*
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.