Page 68 of 194 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Can I be in your dreams.............Please??
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Don in a Civil War movie? I can't WAIT for that!

I had a dream last night. I was in a small auditorium (I'm sure it resembled the West End theatre that I saw Dirty Dancing in, a few weeks ago) and I was there to see an Eagles concert. Me, my friend, Lucy, and my sister, Victoria, were sitting on three dining chairs that were positioned in the far left aisle, facing in towards the rest of the audience. Don’t ask me why. Behind us was a large doorway, which presumably led to the backstage area. Don was the only member of the Eagles I saw – he was wandering through the audience, pre-show, and he kept coming in and out of the doorway behind us. He sang one song, just him and a hand mic – I’m pretty sure it was It Don’t Matter To The Sun. He was in a black suit and it seemed like quite a posh event... he seemed to know some people in the middle row because he kept talking to them. Unfortunately, I didn’t see him crack a smile once – he was in a foul mood and didn’t have time for anyone but his ‘special guests.’ Because I’d noticed this, I was so conscious of being on my best behaviour, and I didn’t want to do anything that might p*ss him off. That didn’t go to plan though. I was so nervous that I moved my foot and knocked over the bottle of Coke that I had by my seat. At first I thought I’d gotten away with it and maybe it was almost empty, but then I felt all this liquid over my feet, looked down and stared in horror as I saw a giant puddle of Coca Cola seeping fast towards the rest of the audience – consisting of a lot of old ladies in pretty, pale shoes. At this point, Don was finishing up his song, and he seemed to be standing on a chair because he was a lot higher than everyone else. He was about five feet in front of me and he was looking over in our direction. I couldn’t say anything because I was panicking about the Coke, but my friend Lucy shakily stood up and said to Don: “Um... excuse me... hello... But do you happen to know where there’s a mop around here?” Don just looked back at her, then looked away, finished his song and walked towards the backstage doors. Honestly – if looks could kill, we’d have been long dead. I was mortified!

We spent the next little while looking for a mop and we mopped up the Coke during the interval period (or the time between Don finishing his pre-show song and the start of the actual concert.) The rest of the audience was pretty snooty and we just did our best to keep face, when all I really wanted to do was run away! Anyway, I suddenly saw Don – who completely ignored me when I tried to call after him to make amends – jump into a seat in the middle of the audience, with his friends. The lights were dimming and I was confused. Aren’t the Eagles meant to be performing in a minute? I noticed that everyone had shifted seats after making bathroom trips etc, and that there were some empty seats in the first row. This brightened my mood a bit and I made a beeline for a seat in the front row, just right of center. I figured, hey, this worked for us back in San Jose. I made a decision that I was going to enjoy the show, and that maybe I’d get some attention from that friendly Glenn, instead of Don, who was obviously severely pissed off about something! I got to my seat, settled down comfortably... and then groaned when some girl group I’d never heard of took the stage. They were dressed in cargo pants and tank tops and they were AWFUL. I remember thinking “Surely it’s just a song or two...” but I looked at my watch a while later and it was 22:45. They’d been on stage for 45 minutes!

As I was willing the crap girl group to leave the stage, I noticed a guy come and sit in a chair at the side of the auditorium to my left, a couple of yards away from me. I looked to see who it was, and it was Matt Damon, the actor. (NO idea why he was there!) He looked good and he seemed to be in a really relaxed, happy mood. He looked at me at one point and we smiled at each other. He mouthed “You’re pretty.” I laughed, looked down and went red. Then, as the girl band FINALLY left the stage, Matt came and plonked himself in the seat next to me. We started chatting and he was really nice, and made me laugh. He was joking about how everyone seemed really miserable and snooty here, and I was like, YES! Thank you! I was pleased to find a kindred spirit. I turned around at one point and saw Don leaving the auditorium through the backstage doors. Matt noticed and said “You like him, don’t you?” I blushed again and said “Doesn’t everyone?” He laughed a bit and shrugged. “Not me...” Before I had chance to ask him what he meant, the lights went down and I took a deep breath. I was excited about seeing the Eagles at last, but I was nervous that Don would give me daggers through the entire set because of my Coca Cola incident, or the fact that everything about me seemed to severely irk him...

I never got to see the show though, because I woke up before it started. Not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Wow! All that concert anxiety, and ... Don Henley is the most talkative, friendly Eagle of them all! I'd guess that Matt Damon really likes the Eagles, including Don Henley. (Well, maybe not as much as the Borderers).

Oh, and I was going to say that I think that Don Felder is instead, a little shy, with fewer large groups of people around him.

Fun dreams,--once you start reading and thinking about the sequence of events and characters in the dreams--you can tell that it's all a dream--nothing quite starts and continues within the same framework, once the story is going.
    Last edited by Lisa; 10-13-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Troub---gotta tell you, love the whole Matt Damon thing! Thinking everyone was "snooty". Loved that dream!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Both of these dreams are hilarious! What the mind dreams up while we sleep!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I had a dream last night that wasn't about the Eagles actually but about a Borderer so I thought I'd put it here anyways.

I was in Vegas and who should I run into? Mike! He had some card that had numbers on it that he could win really big with but you had to hand it in in time for a drawing (lottery?) but couldn't get into the building where they were having the drawing. Don't know why. So I volunteered to go turn it in for him & wait for the drawing.

I got it there just in time and they ended up calling his name. I went to claim it for him and they were calculating how much he had won. They brought a big tub of money out with stacks of bills and told me the pot was $895,000.00 (I remember exactly what it was!). So I picked it up and was carrying it through the crowd and opened the door to the outside and handed it right over to Mike.

That's all I remember.

I better have gotten a little chunk of that $$ MIKE!!!

LOL.......Now if ONLY it twer true I would gladly have split the pot with you!

MikeA

A visit to Vegas? Now, this dream is out there!

When you get all that money, how about hiring the band to play for us?

Oh wait, only 850 grand? That's not gonna be enough! Ill guess you'll just have to use it to buy us all tickets to see a show!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten