Page 70 of 194 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I had a short dream last night... I was on a street and I walked up to what looked like a lemonade stand. They were selling Joe Walsh solo concert tickets. I bought a ticket, but I missed the concert, because I went to Italy instead...

Hmmm...Joe...Italy...Joe...Italy
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I had such a feel-good dream last night that I woke up positively beaming!

I dreamt that I was just sitting around at home and my parents come in and say "Good news! You've won Young Female Inventor of the Year!"

"Huh? How?" I'm completely mystified. "For what?"

"For inventing that series of symbols," my dad explains. (I guess that came from my history of English language class). "Now the ceremony is going to be televised so get ready."

"What?!" I cry. I jump up. "When?"

My dad looks at his watch. "In a couple hours."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I scream and start to freak out. What am I going to wear? I look awful! "Why didn't you tell me sooner???"

"I guess we should have told you a little earlier," my mom says, looking dismayed at how upset I am.

Suddenly I'm backstage dressed in a prom dress with a tiara on, like at a beauty pageant. I'm feeling really self-conscious. There are other winners there and they look like Miss Teen USAs. I look VERY out of place.

I keep hearing people whispering and looking my way but when I turn towards them they immediately shush. I feel that something is going on but what?

Then I think I see Jack Tempchin and I try to get his attention but he runs off. Guess it wasn't him after all, I think.

My name is called and I walk out to center stage to receive my award, looking at the television cameras and thinking Oh no, everyone is gonna see me looking ridiculous....

Suddenly there is a big commotion from the crowd and I look off to the left and Glenn Frey is walking towards me! He is dressed in a tux and smiling widely. He comes up and hands me my statuette.

I am speechless. "Are you surprised?" He says. All I can do is nod with an ecstatic smile on my face. "Good. I wanted it to be a surprise. I swore everyone to secrecy when I decided to do it." He knew about this all along? He planned this? I think, just overwhelmed.

Then he hugs me and says "You deserve it," as he lets me go, kissing me on the cheek. The whole crowd cheers.

He walks off at that point, smiling and waving to the adoring crowd, and I'm left standing in the middle of the stage so happy I could burst.

I woke up with that feeling and it was a great one!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Now that was a great dream! I love the kind where you wake up feeling good!

Let's see, there was no food involved, Glenn didn't get mad at you for anything... it doesn't even sound like one of your usual dreams!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Sounds like this was a special GFO dream since we're celebrating its 5th anniversary today.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That is a good dream! If I had that kind of dream, I would also wake up feeling good! Man Soda, if you earned a dollar for every Eagles dream you have, you'd be one rich lady!

It was fabulous! And it probably was inspired by the fact that I went to bed feeling pretty happy about GFO making it for 5 years. I need to think positive (Eagle-related) thoughts before bed more often!

All of the baby news in my family lately must've inspired last night's dream. This dream kind of jumps around to some very non-relevant events so i'll just focus on the Eagley parts of it.

The beginning is a bit fuzzy as to how this happened but for some reason Joe and his wife (it wasn't Marjorie and i don't remember her name but she was blond) were living in my house. It was important that they lived with me because I lived closest to the hospital. Joe's wife was pregnant and was going to have their baby any day. I know that Joe was living in my house but I didn't see him that much. He mostly stayed in their bedroom and only seemed to come out to go to the kitchen or the bathroom. I spent a lot of time talking with his wife. We had a lot of conversations but the only one I remember is when I was asking her about baby names. She said that Joe had a named picked out if they have a boy and she had a girl's name picked out. They didn't know if they were going to have a boy or girl. They wanted it to be a surprise. But they didn't know what names the other had picked out. She did tell me that she had an idea as to what name Joe picked. She said she thinks the name he chose is Donald. She wasn't sure why but she said that he had been referring to Don Henley as Donald a lot lately and he seemed to really enjoy saying that name.
    When I woke up the next day Joe and his wife weren't there. I assumed that she had gone into labor and were at the hospital. I didn't go to see them because I felt that they wanted it to be just the two of them there so I just waited at the house. While i was waiting a few of my cousin's stopped by to see me and i was telling them about Joe and his wife living with me and it was in the middle of telling them that I realized that I was actually living with a member of the Eagles. I started to freak out. I couldn't believe it. I was living with an Eagle. Joe freaking Walsh was living in my house. I spent the rest of the day trying to calm down because I didn't want to look like some crazed fan when they returned. Early the next morning Joe returned and he was so incredibly happy. He had the biggest smile on his face. He walked in and gave me big hug and said "It's a boy." I congratulated him as we walked into the kitchen so I could make him some coffee. He was telling me all about his new son and said his wife is doing well. I asked Joe what they named him and he said very proudly "My son's name is Donald Joseph Francis Fidler Walsh."
    I woke up soon after this but I woke up with the feeling of "Wow!! That was a weird dream!!" I immediately remembered the name Donald Joseph Francis Fidler Walsh and i just started giggling. Why did Joe give his son 3 middle names? Why Donald? Why Francis? I can see where I got Donald from but I have no idea where the name Francis came from.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

LOL, Peek! I'd love to have an Eagle live at my house for a while!

I only have an apartment but I don't mind sleeping on the couch!