Page 9 of 194 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Ticket anxiety nightmares! I had one of those before Cincinnati, and it all turned out OK.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I had a very strange dream last night, which only involved Glenn!
    In the dream, I was sitting at a table in a restaurant with my hubby, son, a friend of ours and his two sons, and Glenn! Glenn was seated directly across the table from me. The waitress came by to clear the table, and she started to pick up my plate, which still had plenty of food on it. I said, "Excuse me, but I'm not finished yet". She said rather abruptly, "I still need to take this". I said, "No!" and I grabbed one end of the plate, while she was holding the other, and I tried to wrestle the plate away from her. Finally, I decided she was not going to let go, so I purposely spilled the food all over the table! I then looked up, to see Glenn take out a notebook and pen, and he started to "write her up", almost like a traffic cop would write up a ticket! I remember thinking to myself, "He's taking up for me!", and being very happy about that. Odd dream, but I was happy when I woke up!

LOL, Stars.

I had an Eagles dream last night! It was a bit odd and quite long and fragmented, so forgive the rambling trip through my unconscious...

It involved me going to a concert with a few friends at a castle. We were told we had to climb over the wall to get in (as you do) but, being my practical self, I found a wooden doorway and pulled both doors apart just enough to slip through. The stage was like the Comedy Store stage - small, low, with chairs literally dotted around the edges of it. I was freaking out as we got closer and realised where we would be sitting - true to life, it was my first time seeing the guys.

Anyway, they started with Busy Being Fabulous, but I can't remember much else. For some reason, we disappeared during the set and only returned as the guys were saying their goodbyes. Don was leaning over the edge of the stage, smiling at people, throwing them little comments, and being REALLY cute. Somehow I ended up on the stage (everyone was kind of just there, mingling) and Don appeared at my side. I can't even remember how he started it, but we were talking about the show and good places to go out in the area. He asked where I was from, I said "Here" and he said "Oh, me too. Originally." (Shock horror: Texas Cowboy Henley is from Wareham, England)

Anyway, he had a friend of his next to him that I didn't recognise, and Don looked great apart from the fact that he was wearing THE dodgiest old man jumper in the world. I think it had white Christmas trees on it. At one point, he was looking at me and he reached out and traced my forehead, nose and mouth with his finger. He said that I had the same beautiful profile as Lisa (Er, thanks... who the heck is Lisa?) and invited me to stay for the after-party.

Then my friend and I excused ourselves and I dragged her off to some really grimy bathrooms where we had a shower (?) and talked excitedly about what had happened. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Don again though, because on our way out of the bathrooms, we ran into one of my other friends who told us our fourth friend had gone off with Don's unknown acquaintance. My friend went into a full-on, EastEnders-style RANT about "how dare she go off with him and leave her friends, I would never do that, she is so disloyal, ditching us for someone just cuz he's in a FREAKIN' BAND!!!" I was standing there very sheepish, knowing what I was about to do, given half the chance!

Unfortunately, then I woke up.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm not surprised you had an Eagles dream last night Lou
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

LOL. Yes, I've been cajoling my brain into it for long enough...

Hey! Were YOU the Lisa he was talking about?

Wow that was some dream Lou

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Great dream!! I know why you had a dream about "For some reason, we disappeared during the set and only returned as the guys were saying their goodbyes." You've heard the reviews and know everything to a T by now, and figured you didn't need to stick around to see it all.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Heh, you may be onto something there, Willie. I did think it was funny, after reading Soda's brief review of last night, that the only song I could remember was BBF - and yet that's the one they've apparently dropped!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    LOL. Yes, I've been cajoling my brain into it for long enough...

Hey! Were YOU the Lisa he was talking about?
    .........well, I didn't like to suggest it.........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I had a dream last night. Here goes.

They were playing in a park - Sydney's Hyde Park, where concerts of this type would never be staged, but anyway. The atmosphere was very relaxed and people kept coming and going, with wine casks and picnic baskets.

Then various backing band members started wandering around - the Mighty Horns were at the front of the stage talking to people. Then Steuart appeared and did something to his amp.

Tim came on stage and tested his mic by singing a song with the backing band. It was slow and soft and was a bit like The Way We Were in that 'memories' featured prominently.

Then Don appeared. He looked a bit like he does in the LROOE photo. He was wearing a blue denim shirt and shades and looked very cool. He sat at a keyboard (!) and started talking to someone on a phone. He looked relaxed and happy. At that stage I (in the dream) could have gone right up and talked to him, as the stage was very low. Did I? Of course I didn't. I wandered off, too shy.

If Joe was there it was only briefly. I think a blonde head did cross my vision but I was looking at Don.

I wandered away and then a voice drifted back to me. 'Look who we just saw. Julie will be pleased'.

Before anything else could happen I woke up.. I have one question about all of this. I know very well none of this can happen to me in real life, but to quote If I Was A Rich Man, would it spoil some vast eternal plan if it happened in a dream, for heaven's sake?!!