Page 92 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

The other night I had a dream that I requested an interview with Timothy for my book that I'm writing. It's a fictional story that takes place from 1970-75. Kind of a rock n' roll murder type of story. My research on the 70's bands led me here to this website. Anyway, Timothy says I can interview him & invites me to come out to his home studio in LA. I get on a plane & fly out there & he sent a car for me at the airport. (OMG) I get to his home & there he is to greet me. He's wearing jeans & a purple T shirt. Nobody else is there, just us.

I tell him about the story & my questions involve what things were like at the concerts back then, the venues, how the touring affected the personal relationships of the band & things like that. I wasn't looking for any names or anything,, because the story is not a tell-all or anything, however some of the characters are "loosely" based on people or a combination of people.
    I had decided a few weeks ago to write a character loosely based on Timothy into the book. He starts telling me about some stuff & we end up watching some videos of him with Poco, while he says he hadn't seen any of this stuff in years! He's telling me some good stories about some times in NYC, which is where the story takes place & he's having a lot of fun remembering this time.

He has a lunch set up for us on an outside deck, with some wine & I don't remember the food, but we were eating & suddenly someone appears at his door, & wow, it's Graham Nash, standing there. He just popped by. So they go inside & start working on some song they are writing together. I'm just like sitting there with my mouth hanging open.( I pray that I'm not drooling.) Then Graham leaves & we continue the interview out at the pool.
    By this time, I'm thinking, how did I ever get this lucky? Suddenly Timothy dives into the pool, & I don't see where he is. He disappears for a few minutes so I'm like in a panic & he appears with a scuba mask on & is laughing. Then I suddenly wake up........

I love that dream, Topkat! LOVE Graham Nash!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Since the last song playing in the car before turning it off was 'Allnighter' and then I finished reading the old thread I found 'Simply the Best', you'd think this would be a really good dream and not something that can be written here. NOT! I was at an outdoor place, like a big campground, and as dreams will be, a lot of made no sense. There were a lot of people there and we were there for days. It was unplanned, and we had no choice, but yet no one was upset or anxious over it. We had food, we had very public showers that were clean. Food, soap, shampoo, etc all provided. I had heard Glenn Frey was there, but hadn't seen him. After about three days of this, I was sitting on the top of a picnic table, my feet up on the table, knees bent and my arms wrapped around my legs, my chin on a knee. He walks up and sits on a picnic table opposite me and very close. He smiles and says, "I hear you're a real fan." I grin and say "Oh yeah." He asked where I was from and I look down and horror of horrors!! Three days there and women weren't given razors! It blew my mind, I FINALLY meet him and there's a forest on my legs and all I have are shorts to wear. I couldn't think. I tried to hide it and I apologized. He tried to tell me it was OK and understandable. Under the circumstances, no could expect anything any different. I was too upset to believe him. I was so upset I woke up, but I swear that as I woke up I looked down and saw a gray hair. I'm still not happy.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

LOL! That sounds exactly like the kind of dream I would have, sister!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It does sound sort of like a "Soda dream". I just love the part though when Glenn tells you that no one would expect anything different. What a sweet thing for him to say!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    then I finished reading the old thread I found 'Simply the Best'
    BTW... message me if you want to read more about that...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - those are some weird dreams, ladies!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I don't know what you ladies are eating (or smoking) before bed -- BUT I WANT SOME SO I CAN DREAM LIKE THAT TOO!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Great dreams! I'ts always fun to read them!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I had heard Glenn Frey was there, but hadn't seen him. After about three days of this, I was sitting on the top of a picnic table, my feet up on the table, knees bent and my arms wrapped around my legs, my chin on a knee. He walks up and sits on a picnic table opposite me and very close. He smiles and says, "I hear you're a real fan." I grin and say "Oh yeah." He asked where I was from and I look down and horror of horrors!! Three days there and women weren't given razors! It blew my mind, I FINALLY meet him and there's a forest on my legs and all I have are shorts to wear. I couldn't think. I tried to hide it and I apologized. He tried to tell me it was OK and understandable. Under the circumstances, no could expect anything any different. I was too upset to believe him. I was so upset I woke up, but I swear that as I woke up I looked down and saw a gray hair. I'm still not happy.
    That's probably what would happen to me in real life!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne