Page 93 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    The other night I had a dream that I requested an interview with Timothy for my book that I'm writing. It's a fictional story that takes place from 1970-75. Kind of a rock n' roll murder type of story. My research on the 70's bands led me here to this website.
    TK, when first reading this I thought the book you are writing was all part of the dream. It wasn't until I read in another thread that you are actually doing this that I thought, "Oh, I guess she wasn't dreaming that she was writing a book."

Now I am more interested in your book than in your dream!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Wow TK, a book! It can be hard enough for me to write a post some days! good luck with it!

VA4EL, I love your dream! Isnt Glenn such a sweetie?

I had a dream last night that Glenn was doing a private show in the library of our school just for the staff. He sounded exactly as he does normally. He didn't single me out or anything but for some reason I knew that I was the one who had organised the gig, and I remember thinking 'he's going down really well here. I'm glad I asked him over. The whole dream only lasted a few minutes but I remember waking with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling.

Ok our lottery is €15 million tonight! And over here it's tax free. I have my numbers!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

That dream sounds lovely - too bad it ended so soon!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wanted to get this down before I forgot it!

Don made a brief appearance in one of my dreams last night.

Some of my friends and I are going up this super-tall building, like the Empire State Building. We are looking for something, but I can't remember what, lol. I get separated from my group because I am pushing a shopping cart that has one of its wheels kind of messed up. It slows me down. I'm annoyed that my friends don't wait for me.

I finally get to the elevator at the base. There are lots of tourists there, despite the fact that the interior of the building is old and dirty. The people are going up in groups of about 10. I wonder if I should wait for my friends, but then I think they might already be up at the top.

The elevator opens and I walk in. I leave my shopping cart at the base to make room for others. However, for this trip, it's just me and one other person who's a stranger to me, other than the guy tending the elevator. We get to the top. The doors open again at the top floor, but the person who was next to me and the guy running the elevator have disappeared and I'm now alone. I'm not scared, though; I'm just curious.

I step out of the elevator into a room with a long dining table. Seated at the table are Don Henley and Stevie Nicks (looking like they do now). They are eating turkey and fixings, like at Thanksgiving. I walk over to the table and sit down next to Don. They seem to be expecting me, but no one says anything.

I hear music playing - it's a bootleg I have of a Fleetwood Mac tour rehearsal from 1982. Stevie and Lindsey Buckingham are doing "I've Been Loving You Too Long" but because it's a rehearsal jam, it's rough and unstructured. Although it still sounds good to me, I worry that Stevie will be embarrassed and Don will think that they suck at the song. As a result, even though I'm nervous about talking when no one else is, I feel compelled to say "That's just a rehearsal."

Don never looks at me, but continues eating. "I know," he says. "It's good."

"Yes... I agree..." I trail off and look over at Stevie, but she acts like she never heard us or even the music, just staring straight ahead and eating.

On the one hand, it's cool to be eating dinner with Don and Stevie. On the other hand, I am seriously uncomfortable because they are both acting so oddly. They aren't even interacting with one another - just eating without even looking at each other. At least they aren't asking me how I knew that the song was from a rehearsal, because I would have to tell them about the bootleg and I know they wouldn't like that.

I hope my friends show up soon, but when I look towards the elevator, it's still at the top floor with the doors open. It hasn't moved since I've arrived. I get up and go towards it but then it disappears entirely and there's just a wall!

I turn around to Don and Stevie. "The elevator is gone! How are we going to get out?" but they ignore me, continuing to cut their meat and slowly eat it silently. Instead of panicking, I sit down again and join them, thinking, Things will turn out alright. Don and Stevie aren't worried - why should I be? Don't make a fool of yourself by freaking out, Nancy! I start eating some turkey as well, feeling strangely calm about the whole thing.

Then I woke up!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

You made my day, Soda.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Ha! Well, my pleasure, although the dream kind of let me confused.

BTW, for the curious, this is the song that was playing in my dream:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYoEXBEIXj4[/ame]

Well, it's got the food a lot of your dreams have. It also has that thing where you're afraid you will say the wrong thing. I liked it! Not as good as some of your others, because they hardly spoke, but I like the way you're able to explain your thought process to us. I give it a
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

And it has you worrying you'll get in trouble, Soda... another element that crops up in a few dreams!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I had two dreams involving different Eagles over the last couple of days - two very different dreams!

The first involved Glenn. I dreamt I was walking into this dark room in this old house and the TV was on. I heard Glenn's voice coming from the TV, but it was a song I didn't know. I went to the TV and I saw it was MTV and I was watching a music video for a song off his new album (you know it's a crazy dream when MTV plays videos lol). The song's title was short and one of the words started with an "R" but I can't remember what it was called. Anyway, in the video, Glenn was also alone in a dark room singing this ballad and it was gorgeous! I thanked my lucky stars that I had happened to walk in the room when this video came on and I couldn't wait to tell all my fellow fans about it. "He sounds great," I thought. Sadly, I woke up before the song was over!

========

The next dream I had last night, and this one was pretty upsetting. It sort of involves Joe.

I dreamt that I was in old Southern house, kind of like something you'd see portrayed in a Tennessee Williams play. It is storming outside. I know we are in terrible danger; Pat Benatar has been violently murdered and I somehow know her murderer is outside and wants to kill us, too.

I go around locking all the doors and windows at top speed, worried he will get in any minute. I get into the kitchen and I find Prettymaid and another guy talking with the kitchen door wide open! I scream at them that they need to close it, but they just look at me like I'm crazy. I go over and close it myself.

I go into the next room to close some more doors and then when I come back into the kitchen, the guy is gone! Prettymaid tells me that the guy has gone outside. I can't believe it! "Don't you know there's a killer out there?!" I cry. "Don't you remember how Pat Benatar died? Do you wanna die?" I get no answer.

Then, who should appear at the window but someone that looks exactly like Joe! Only I know it isn't Joe. It's just someone pretending to be him. Prettymaid says, "Look! There's Joe! We have to let him in!" She goes to let him in but I stop her. "That's not Joe! That's an Angel of Death!" She doesn't believe me and once again I get looked at like I'm crazy. Meanwhile, I am seriously freaking out because I don't understand how this guy could make himself look exactly like Joe. Does he have some kind of supernatural powers?! Then he disappears and Prettymaid is upset because she feels like I ruined her chance to meet Joe!

Then, suddenly, I remember that I've left a window open at the other side of the house. I run as fast as I can to the other side of the house so I can get to the window before "Joe" does. When I get to the window, I slam it shut and lock it. At first I'm relieved that I've gotten to the window in time, but then I realize that he could've already gotten inside and I could have just locked us in with a killer. Behind me I hear a voice saying "Sometimes people have to die..."

I woke up terrified!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yikes! That was a nightmare Soda!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten