I found a couple cute references in the press recently about Joe:

First, this adorable story about an old radio builder who met Joe in the NWANews - here's an excerpt:
Soon the radios began to stack up, and Vaughan decided to try to sell one on eBay. He put his first one up for $445 but got no bids. Shortly after the auction ended, Vaughan got an e-mail from a main in Studio City, Calif., offering to buy the radio.

Vaughan and the mystery man exchanged e-mails, and the man asked all about how Vaughan built the machines and how he worked them. In their conversation Vaughan began to trust the man and told him the best way to learn about the hobby would be for him to come and stay a week with Vaughan and his wife. The mystery man said he relished the idea, but he was the lead singer in a band that had a very busy schedule. "He e-mailed me and said he was in a band called The Eagles," Vaughan said with a chuckle. "I didn't know who The Eagles were. I knew who Louie Armstrong was but not The Eagles."

The man Vaughan had been e-mailing was the famous Joe Walsh. Vaughan finally did convince the music star to come spend a week at his house, and he spent time teaching Walsh how to build the radios. "He went home with a firm resolution to build radios," Vaughan said.