Page 132 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

As a general point, it is of course possible for musicians to write autobiographies and not even get in the boat, let alone rock it.

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson released his two years ago and it basically follows the pattern of only talking about what is truly his to tell. As such, the majority of the book is about his upbringing, extensive side projects and cancer diagnosis (and survival, thankfully!); the Iron Maiden bits he could have easily written the entire book on are simply kept to matter of fact accounts with a little bit of insider info and funny tales from the road. That's it. No backstabbing, baiting or provocation; more like a working journal entry. (As an aside, the book also doesn't discuss his 'personal' life: there is not one reference to his wife or children!)

It is different for Felder as I think he did feel the need to have his say on the Eagles and his tenure; but for the likes of Joe especially, who has worked with dozens of famous names in the industry, been in a lot of bands and has certainly a colourful private life (both good and bad), he could easily tell his tale focusing almost exclusively when the Eagles weren't at the forefront of his life. Henley could easily write his on his upbringing and extensive solo career and social and political causes. Glenn could have done the same, especially on his work in his later years in colleges etc.

In all honesty I am sick of the Eagles political story from all sides. What's done is done. In the 70s they were young, scarily successful, exhausted and absolutely off their respective boxes on coke and other unhelpful substances. We've had subsequent decades of arguments, books, legal challenges and documentaries that has degenerated the greatest American band of all time into two distinct camps of Saint Felder and ******* Frey/Henley. What I really want from Henley and Joe (and Bernie / Randy / TBS to a lesser extent) is a documentary of their lives before and after the Eagles; how Joe Walsh came to front two superb bands in his early days, how Bernie became so immersed in country music, how Henley got into Thoreau and all his environmental causes. That's what I would love to hear.

I agree, TLR. That would be good to see.

However, while I think Felder had the right to share his side of the story, I felt he went over the top with nasty comments about Glenn. And the fact that he never took any blame for anything be it how he acted in the 70s, the separation from his wife, or his firing in the 90s. I think if he had just taken responsibility for his part of the problem, and maybe pulled back on the nastiness about Glenn, it would have been fine.

I think Joe's book would be refreshing and I don't see him slamming anyone. I think it would be very self-reflective and inspirational, with some Joe humor thrown in for good measure. I think Don's book would probably have some hostile moments, but I think he wouldn't be one to overshare anything. I'm not even sure what to expect from Tim. In a way, I don't see Timothy as a book writer at all. I think Don would be most likely to do it out of the three, actually. He loves philosophy. I think it would be great to hear it from Henley, especially since he's been fairly quiet about some things over the years. More of that, less complaining.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Just saw that Joe will be on Paul Shaffer (of Letterman fame)'s new TV show on AXS this Sunday at 7PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for letting us know, Austin!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yes! He'll be on with Schaffer and also the show with Brian Johnson both on AXS. Great channel! Can't wait! Love Joe!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the heads up, Austin. Unfortunately, I don't have AXS so I won't be able to see it. Hopefully, it'll show up on YouTube.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've got it. Set to record!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I watched the new show with Paul Shaffer last night. The only thing that was getting on my nerves was Paul kept interrupting Joe as he talk. Let the man freaking talk. Let him finished what you asked him. I hate when interviewers interrupt people as they talk. Its soo annoying. Also Paul also needs to do his homework. If you are going to asked something about somebody's past (i.e. Funk 49 came out when Joe was in James Gang. Its not an Eagles song), know when this and that happened. To tell the truth. He's not a good interviewer.

Other than that, it was a good appearance from Joe. I won't be watching show again.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

(i.e. Funk 49 came out when Joe was in James Gang. Its not an Eagles song), know when this and that happened. To tell the truth. He's not a good interviewer.
    Wow! That's bad! I have it on my DV-R and was planning on watching it tomorrow, but I have to say, that's pretty disappointing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ya, I hate when interviewers don't let the person speak! I haven't watched either it's on my dvr....a great interview that is the opposite and Joe was able to talk is this one
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFZjB7xUpY&t=2240s