Page 1 of 148 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I found a couple cute references in the press recently about Joe:

First, this adorable story about an old radio builder who met Joe in the NWANews - here's an excerpt:
    Soon the radios began to stack up, and Vaughan decided to try to sell one on eBay. He put his first one up for $445 but got no bids. Shortly after the auction ended, Vaughan got an e-mail from a main in Studio City, Calif., offering to buy the radio.

Vaughan and the mystery man exchanged e-mails, and the man asked all about how Vaughan built the machines and how he worked them. In their conversation Vaughan began to trust the man and told him the best way to learn about the hobby would be for him to come and stay a week with Vaughan and his wife. The mystery man said he relished the idea, but he was the lead singer in a band that had a very busy schedule. "He e-mailed me and said he was in a band called The Eagles," Vaughan said with a chuckle. "I didn't know who The Eagles were. I knew who Louie Armstrong was but not The Eagles."

The man Vaughan had been e-mailing was the famous Joe Walsh. Vaughan finally did convince the music star to come spend a week at his house, and he spent time teaching Walsh how to build the radios. "He went home with a firm resolution to build radios," Vaughan said.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

Another cute one:

An Eagle for governor?

http://www.kansas.com/290/story/659594.html

Stuck on the Border

Surely Joe didn't say he was the 'lead singer' in the Eagles. Lead guitarist, perhaps. Both interesting stories.

I'm sure Mr Vaughan, someone who didn't know who the Eagles were, could have remembered that part incorrectly.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

87-years-YOUNG.....That's a brainfart I could live with and I'm no where near that old...yet <LOL> But that sounds so much like Joe. He really is into HAM gear.

Shortly after the auction ended, Vaughan got an e-mail from a main in Studio City, Calif., offering to buy the radio.

Hmmm.....Hope Mr Vaughan didn't get Joe in trouble with eBay! <grin>

MikeA

Founds this odd tidbit: My Music: 'Ladyfur' shares Eagles review, chance meeting

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I got this in my Google alerts this morning. It's from The Chronicle Herald.ca. Here's a blurb from it:

"They were hired to play in the country bar, there were four or five of them with a girl singer, and who walked in one night but Joe Walsh from The Eagles. When they took their break, he waved them all over to his table and bought them a beer. Joe Walsh kept looking up at the stage at this guitar that I built this guy and he says ‘That’s a nice Fender custom you got up there,’ and the guy goes ‘It’s not a Fender, it’s a Legend, built in Nova Scotia.’ Walsh asks to go look at it and the guy says ‘Come up and play a set with us.’ So when they finished their break, Joe Walsh came up and played a whole set with them, playing the guitar I made."

On the wall of his basement workshop, O’Brien has a photo of Walsh and the Legend, taken that night."

I'm a fan of The Bob And Tom Show, a morning talk radio show out of Indy and as I was listening to it a few weeks ago they got to talking about Joe Walsh. I'm not sure what brought up the Joe discussion but they played an interview that they did with Joe a few years ago. I wish I knew how to post the audio because it was a funny little interview they did. I typed up what was said.

Tom: I want to feature something. We had a chance to talk with the legendary Joe Walsh, the great singer and songwriter with the Eagles.

Kristie: Currently on Tour.

Tom: I’ve been a fan of Joe Walsh since the very early days.

Bob: Who hasn’t? Back with the James Gang.

Tom: We had a chance to talk with Joe and it went pretty well….

Tom: We’re joined by the legendary Joe Walsh on the phone. Good morning, sir.

Joe: Good morning. How are you?

Bob: We’re great and you?

Joe: Wait a minute is Bob there?

Bob: I’m right here Joe.

Joe: Last time I called, you were so impressed that you went on vacation.

Tom: Joe, if you were to get into your car right now, what would you be listening to?

Joe: Uhh, I just turn on the radio and whatever I hear is what it is. A lot of old stuff, I’m going through a lot of old stuff. Classic rock stuff. It’s kind of a big wasteland out there. I don’t hear a whole lot that I can make it all the way to the end of the song.

Tom: Joe, I read a funny thing about the Rolling Stones that when they were setting up their tour they had to have one of their roadies in the back with a stack of their albums. They’d come upon a song title and they had to kind of re-learn it.

Joe: Yeah

Tom: When you’re with the Eagles do you have to sit down and say that was great song but how did we do it we do it then?

Joe: Yeah, exactly. Well, just ‘cause you wrote it don’t mean you can play it. We dusted off James Dean.

Chick: That’s a great song.

Joe: Yeah, that’s a good one and it rocks pretty good, but that was pre-Joe so I had to go learn Bernie Leadon’s parts and boy I see why they replaced him.

Tom: Do you have any of your old guitars? Your first ones?

Joe: I don’t have very many. I think I’ve got a Les Paul that I started out with. I sure wish I did. I’ve gone back and bought some equipment like I used to have.

Tom: Did it get stolen on the road or just lost?

Joe: Just lost in the wasteside. I don’t remember a whole lot. There’s a couple of years there that are just a mystery to me. I was talking to Ozzy about 2 weeks ago. The James Gang and his band, we played a whole bunch of gigs and neither of us remember anything.

Bob: Those were the days.

Joe: We know we played together because we have the posters.

Tom: That’s Joe Walsh. Currently touring with the great band The Eagles.

Bob: If you get a chance, great show.

Tom: They’re going all over the world. They’ve got a big tour and they are right in the middle of it right now.

Bob: On this tour, it’s almost a Joe Walsh Greatest Hits tour. They do James Gang. They do some of his solo stuff. Plus, of course, all of the great Eagles hits.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I was browsing Youtube and came across the interview that i typed up in the above post.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApaLrhTexK0[/ame]
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Interesting comment about Bernie - wonder what that was supposed to mean??