Page 131 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Hey, has anyone heard about Joe's autobiography lately? I thought it was set to come out like two years ago, but then crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Hey, has anyone heard about Joe's autobiography lately? I thought it was set to come out like two years ago, but then crickets.
    Nope. Time and time again, these guys talk about doing projects like this, and then they don't follow through.

Guess that makes them just like the rest of us. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

How true! But I think they all should tell their story as they remember it, while still able. No one else can tell it from their point of view.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Honestly I think Felder and his "throw everyone but himself under the bus" book may leave certain members of the band a little leery about each other doing books. I can't help but wonder about that.

I don't see Joe as the type to do that kind of thing, but I can't help but to feel if it makes Don and Tim nervous, lol, as to what he might say. And certainly the reverse if Don does a book. I think Don would probably be the kind of person to also maybe not do a juicy tell-all and be nasty, but the opposite side of the spectrum - not share much of anything that's even remotely telling of any other members and be very tight lipped about what went on with the Eagles. I see him doing more of a book on his life, philanthropic work, background, and his beliefs with maybe a couple chapters dedicated to the Eagles and maybe one or two more dedicated to his solo career. I don't see him talking about sex, drugs, and rock n' roll and giving details on that. Joe, on the other hand - maybe. I could see him talking about the excesses. But I don't see him throwing anyone under the bus, though. But I think he'd be more open about the 70s and his addictions and vices than Don would be. Also, Joe was more of a party animal than Don Henley.

It's a shame we never got a book from Glenn. I could see that book being very interesting. While I don't think it would be over the top, I think he would have been pretty open and honest about what went on back then.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-19-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Interesting take Austin. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I can't see Joe throwing people under the bus. Maybe a book kind of like Joe Vitale's. I also can't see Don doing an in depth discussion on his "sex, drug and R & R" life story. After all, he refused to discuss the arrest incident in Nov. 1980. He went so far as to try to keep Marc Elliot's book from being published.
    I think a book from Glenn would have been more open. However, I thinks sometimes Glenn gave too much info regarding that life style. I would love to see a book from Bernie. He strikes me as a very honest, straight forward guy with no ax to grind. Just my two cents-lol.

I bet Joe would be the type who would go out of his way not to offend. His book would probably be part comedic, part inspirational. I don't think he'd use it to take swipes at those he'd felt had wronged him over the years.

Then again, Joe probably doesn't have too many axes to grind! It's a lot easier to be magnanimous when "life's been good."

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Interesting take Austin. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I can't see Joe throwing people under the bus. Maybe a book kind of like Joe Vitale's. I also can't see Don doing an in depth discussion on his "sex, drug and R & R" life story. After all, he refused to discuss the arrest incident in Nov. 1980. He went so far as to try to keep Marc Elliot's book from being published.
    I think a book from Glenn would have been more open. However, I thinks sometimes Glenn gave too much info regarding that life style. I would love to see a book from Bernie. He strikes me as a very honest, straight forward guy with no ax to grind. Just my two cents-lol.
    Exactly my thoughts too. And I agree about Bernie.

Don, while being very outspoken with his opinions in the public view, is a pretty private guy. Even though I just know he's got axes to grind - I don't see him doing it. And certainly not a kiss and tell kinda guy.

Glenn, would have been more open and not afraid to push buttons, lol - at least IMO. I see him telling it exactly how he saw it, but also with some humor and self-reflection in there.

Joe, I think he would be open about the excesses and what went on but wouldn't blame anyone and certainly wouldn't call anyone out. I would expect his book to be mostly comedy and also his recovery - which is exactly what Soda just commented.

Tim, I'm not sure. I think Tim would probably be more like Don and more reserved and not the type to write a tell-all kind of book. More of a memoir I would guess.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I bet Joe would be the type who would go out of his way not to offend. His book would probably be part comedic, part inspirational. I don't think he'd use it to take swipes at those he'd felt had wronged him over the years.

Then again, Joe probably doesn't have too many axes to grind! It's a lot easier to be magnanimous when "life's been good."
    My thoughts exactly. Joe seems at peace with everything at the moment. I doubt he would start casting stones at this point in his life.

I think you nailed it with the part comedy and part inspiration. I think he would definitely throw in a lot of funny stories and humor in his retelling of things. After all, he's known for that. But I think in talking about his recovery I think one could gain a lot of hope and inspiration from that. Which is why I would LOVE to read his book!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have to agree with what everyone has said here. I've said this before that I hope Glenn was far along in his memoirs where it could be published in some format in the future or maybe Cindy could use it as a basis for publishing her own book. I agree that Glenn would have given an honest account of events from his POV, but not get mired in the dirty details. I also think Joe's book would be similar in that regard.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I have to agree with what everyone has said here. I've said this before that I hope Glenn was far along in his memoirs where it could be published in some format in the future or maybe Cindy could use it as a basis for publishing her own book. I agree that Glenn would have given an honest account of events from his POV, but not get mired in the dirty details. I also think Joe's book would be similar in that regard.
    I would love to think Glenn left some notes Cindy could use for a book, but I don't have high hopes for that.