Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Out on the Border Pink Champagne's Avatar

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

He played the father of one of the characters. At the end, he and John Goodman had a little jam session which was great to see.

I love Glenn in pink - my favorite color! I always try to get my husband to wear pink but he flat out refuses.

Watched The Conners last night. Recorded it from on demand.
    Good to see Joe on tv. Funny how he described himself in the show. Makes me wonder if it was him coming up with the lines or were they written for him. When he came in with beer in his hand that caught my attention wanted to see how he was going to handle it. I did notice he never put the bottle up to his mouth even when John drank his. He just set it off to the side. Laughed at the jam session at the end. Sounded like they were making it up as they went along. It was funny, wish it was longer. Wonder if he'll be on it again.

Heres an article about Joe on The Conners show

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-the-conners/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that, Scamp. Joe did a great job. I would bet that Joe had some input into the character. Some of the humor is classic Joe and seems like a lot of it was improv. Here it is on YouTube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XM0RNDdJ-g&t=11s

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ran across this on Find a Grave Joe's Dad's headstone

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...-newton-fidler

Reading a book right now "Joe Walsh" by Thomas. Picked it up on Amazon. So far it's been good. Doesn't deal with all the parting and Joes personal life but more his music career. He talks a lot about the bands Joe had played in, Joes style of playing and some reviews of Joe. Some chapters don't even mention Joe.
    It's not ant authorize Joe book but it is informative Chapters are short more like sections.Right now I'm at Joe and Felder chapter. It's been easy reading, no pictures. Does mention Joe's marriages and kids but more in passing. He mentioned Moon giving Joe speed and when Joe and Marjorie first meet, Joes big hands and long fingers helping his playing style.
    Haven't finished it yet but if you want to add to your Joe collection it's good.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the heads up, Scamp.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, Scamp.
    Finished
    Joe Walsh book. Going to read it again. Mentioned at Glenn's memorial that a tearful Joe played a song on the piano he wrote for Glenn. Wondering if anyone has heard it?..
    Over all I think it was a good book. Lots of info. Somethings most of us know, been in print or quotes from Joe or others. It was well done, about 250 pages no pictures I really liked all the different band info, how they organized, who was in them and when.
    I'd recommend it. Nothing Kristen's book This book was more about Joe's career then his personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    Finished
    Joe Walsh book. Going to read it again. Mentioned at Glenn's memorial that a tearful Joe played a song on the piano he wrote for Glenn. Wondering if anyone has heard it?..
    Over all I think it was a good book. Lots of info. Somethings most of us know, been in print or quotes from Joe or others. It was well done, about 250 pages no pictures I really liked all the different band info, how they organized, who was in them and when.
    I'd recommend it. Nothing Kristen's book This book was more about Joe's career then his personal life.
    I'm going to order it. I was just waiting on a review from someone here I could trust. Thanks for sharing!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border RushFanForever's Avatar

Joe Walsh is featured in the latest issue of Vintage Guitar (July 2022) magazine, which can be read here.