Page 78 of 148 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I like Joe doing Desperado and LITFL. But then again, I like DF's voice and his versions of songs.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I like Joe doing Desperado and LITFL. But then again, I like DF's voice and his versions of songs.
    Well at least he had a hand in writing LIFL. I always enjoy when Joe does it. I don't want to hear anyone doing Desperado except maybe Linda Rondstadt.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Well at least he had a hand in writing LIFL. I always enjoy when Joe does it. I don't want to hear anyone doing Desperado except maybe Linda Rondstadt.
    Are you saying you don't even want to hear the Eagles version of this song with Don Henley singing it? I prefer Glenn singing it myself, but this seems very harsh given that the Eagles version is the original.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-21-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Are you saying you don't even want to hear the Eagles version of this song with Don Henley singing it? I prefer Glenn singing it myself, but this seems very harsh given that the Eagles version is the original.
    It's called a personal preference. An opinion. There is nothing harsh about what people like or don't like.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, not sure that some opinions can't be harsh, but I do totally agree that this is all about personal preference. I like seeing Joe perform LITFL, but Desperado - not so much. I just don't think the song suits his style or voice like it does Don's or Glenn's, or even Linda's, ... but that is totally my personal preference.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Wow, did not know that Joe ever sang Desperado. Learn something new every day. Love the song no matter who sings it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Don not happy with Joe singing Desperado and Life In The Fast Lane around '89 or '90? Am I wrong or was that a rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Don not happy with Joe singing Desperado and Life In The Fast Lane around '89 or '90? Am I wrong or was that a rumor?
    You are correct. There is an interview around that time in which Don explains that Joe had plenty of his own songs & that Don didn't want to hear him doing Eagles songs. I'm sure this is a direct reference to Desperado, a song that was written before Joe joined the group. Obviously Joe has some right to LitFL, as he's a co-writer. What a lot of people do NOT know is Joe started doing Desperado as a joke. I have a live performance from the 80's in which he sings a line or two from Desperado in a duck voice. I'm sure what Joe wasn't expecting was the audience went nuts for the first few notes before he started singing it duck like. There is a Joe appearance on Howard Stern in which Joe tells Howard that Henley doesn't want him doing Eagles songs. Stern says, "What song will you be doing today Joe?" Without missing a beat Joe says, "Desperado." Here's the video of the song. Unfortunately the opening dialog I just explained is missing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGNXAge0LhE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGNXAge0LhE[/ame]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I'd not heard Joe doing Desperado before. It was actually pretty good! I would rather hear Henley or Frey do it, but it was ok.

What puzzles me is, why would he want to do it? It's not like he doesn't have plenty of his own songs that he could do and that people would probably rather hear.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Well, I'd not heard Joe doing Desperado before. It was actually pretty good! I would rather hear Henley or Frey do it, but it was ok.

What puzzles me is, why would he want to do it? It's not like he doesn't have plenty of his own songs that he could do and that people would probably rather hear.
    This is one of those mysteries of life, like, why do men have nipples?!?