Page 108 of 148 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Banned

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

The thrill of hearing that Joe may play some solo shows for his fans beyond the USA. in 2017, didn't last long. I expected something to crop up. To learn that he'd rather spend his time entertaining Tom Petty fans is very disappointing.

Joe got some award from his billionaire friend Paul Allen this week. There were quite a few stars in attendance to pay tribute to Joe and some, including Crosby and Nash (separately I presume) paid tribute on film.

Ringo was there, of course, along with Paul Rogers, Todd Rundgren, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Robert Randolph and Kenny Wayne Shepherd, who supported the Eagles, as a 17 year old, on their HFO Tour.

I've seen a few performances on YouTube and by the number of phones in shot, they'll be plenty more being uploaded during the coming days.

http://trueviralnews.com/rocker-joe-...hl-in-seattle/

Well, F50, for me at least, this has been a blessing.

Joe has NOT played any Illinois dates on his solo tour or in any format that I could get to other than the Naperville Ribfest, where it was smoking outside and I would have died in the heat with my condition. I was SO disappointed.

Now, I'm at least able to see the man solo, for the very first time I might add, and I'm pretty damn happy about that. So while he may be "entertaining Tom Petty fans", he's also playing for fans of HIM, and I'd bet $$ it's not just me.

I think that was a little unfair and this was a true blessing for me to be able to see him. Do I wish it was a longer show of just him, sure, but I was wanting to see TP anyway, this was a total surprise package. The fact is, without this show it could be even longer before I could see him ever, and you never know what could happen while "waiting" to either Joe or myself. So I for one, am happy.

You gotta get while the getting's good, and I certainly am. Tomorrow isn't promised. Beggars should never be choosers. It's Joe freakin' Walsh, I'll take it. I'm sorry that he isn't coming to other countries, but some of us will enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The thrill of hearing that Joe may play some solo shows for his fans beyond the USA. in 2017, didn't last long. I expected something to crop up. To learn that he'd rather spend his time entertaining Tom Petty fans is very disappointing.
    I agree. I have friends in the UK that were so hopeful.

Joe has chosen to tour with one of my least favorite performers. You should have seen my dropped jaw upon reading the announcement. I hope he makes gobs of money from those Petty fans! Good for him.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Joe will probably come to UK or other countries. Never say never. This is only the first 6 months of 2017. SO you have to wait and see what will happen after June. I've never thought I would see Don or Joe this year then bam!! Joe came to the south and I definitely jumped on it. Then I'm seeing Don twice in Texas. I jumped on both opportunities.

This time around, the closest he's going to be to me again is Memphis, but its a weekday and I'm not going, but I'm not sad. I saw him and I can wait again until he comes back to the south. I've never thought Joe would come to the south. For the last few tours he did, he stayed up north and never came down south. I can see Joe continuing to tour way into his 70s. So I have time for him. Now Don is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Joe will probably come to UK or other countries. Never say never. This is only the first 6 months of 2017. SO you have to wait and see what will happen after June. I've never thought I would see Don or Joe this year then bam!! Joe came to the south and I definitely jumped on it. Then I'm seeing Don twice in Texas. I jumped on both opportunities.

This time around, the closest he's going to be to me again is Memphis, but its a weekday and I'm not going, but I'm not sad. I saw him and I can wait again until he comes back to the south. I've never thought Joe would come to the south. For the last few tours he did, he stayed up north and never came down south. I can see Joe continuing to tour way into his 70s. So I have time for him. Now Don is another story.
    So true Shun!

Banned

I'm genuinely delighted for you WalshFan88. I hope the show is everything you hoped for and more.

A couple of years ago Joe played some shows, as Bob Seger's audience was filing in to the auditorium. I think his set was about 50 minutes long. I'm pretty sure he said, at the time, he'd only do that for Bob. It wasn't that many shows and it was sandwiched between Walsh headline shows so I didn't read much into it. This year he shared the billing with Bad Co, I was hoping that would lead to some UK dates but Joe passed on European part of the tour, so this Petty announcement, particularly after what Vitale had said, is very disappointing.

As far as I know, Joe is a complete unknown outside of America. To tour outside of the US, he'd have to do a lot of publicity to sell the tickets. The punters would immediately recognise his talent if they saw him play but, apart from his work as part of the Eagles, he hasn't played in the UK since supporting The Who as a member of The James Gang (not forgetting Elton's midsummer show at Wembley Stadium in 1975).

So, in almost 50 years, Joe's gone from supporting The Who to supporting Tom Petty. I'm biased but I believe Joe is better than that. If he's not confident enough in his own material, I hope he puts together a new band that are capable of touring as headliners.... rant over

I'm hoping for a newWalsh solo album in 2017

I disagree on Joe becoming a being supporting act. Joe can sell out shows here in the US by himself. A lot of his shows this past summer(talking about the shows without Bad Company) were sold out. Memphis was sold out too. When I saw how many tickets were left for Joe's show in Memphis days before the concert, I was kinda afraid that he would play to a half empty ampitheatre, but I guess a lot of people bought tickets at the last second. The place was pack.

He can sell out shows in the US. Its well known for stars to co-headline a tour with different artists. Its not necessary they can't sell out shows, its just for fun.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm another that is happy to see Joe will be out and about, even if he is with Tom Petty. I'm like Austin and wanted to see TP too, so there ya go!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Unlike Bad Company, I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Petty. I'm not a fan of his music, but like some of his music.

I'm also surprised to see Joe touring with Tom Petty. I'm sure the music fits well enough, but Joe is headliner in his own right--not a second teamer.

Earlier today, I discovered a recent interview with Joe Vitale (Oct, 2016). In it, Vitale talks about Joe touring again with Bad Company and going to Europe, Australia, and "a bunch of states."

Below is the link. The reference to the tour runs approximately from 2:50 to 3:07.

With Vitale's interview in mind, I did more research and found out that Mick Ralphs, Bad Company's co-founder, suffered a stroke recently. The reference appears on Bad Co's website and is dated Nov 3rd.

Assuming Vitale was correct about a second tour with Bad Co, Joe probably changed his tour plans very recently. It's likely that the good venues fill up quickly. Joe must've felt the need to go with someone who already had a concert series booked.

That said, I'm not a Tom Petty fan. I wonder if Joe's manager also manages Petty and arranged the match up.

Anyway, it is excellent that Joe is continuing to tour. He needs to keep busy--but maybe save a little time to put together another CD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CkbZoIDFRg

http://www.badcompany.com/news.html
    Last edited by WalshGirl; 12-13-2016 at 09:14 PM.