Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I saw that about the other Joe Walsh and feel so bad for our Joe as he's accidently getting tagged on Twitter and FB in some nasty posts about the other one and what that guy said about the President since these users aren't checking which one they're tagging.
    Saw that on cnn and though oh boy not you Joe! Was relieved when i saw it wasnt him.

Banned

While former IL Congressman Joe Walsh was spouting his nasty inflammatory views our Joe Walsh was spreading "Peace And Love" at Ringo's birthday party.

The wrong JW hit the headlines.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

There has to be better ways of differentiating between the two. You punch in 'Joe Walsh' on Google, and the Wikipedia page for the former Congressman comes up(though Google Images has more pictures of the real Joe Walsh + Ringo than it does this guy). I'm really surprised our guy hasn't spoken up, asked people not to confuse them, and condemned this guy's comments.

The former Congressman's full name is William Joseph Walsh. Perhaps 'Bill Walsh' or 'Billy Walsh' would be a good choice for a name distinction between the two.

Let's maybe start some sort of a trend with this!

All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I had wonder why he goes by Joe Walsh knowing there was another famous Joe Walsh and Joseph is not even his first. I guess he's been going by Joe probably for a long time too. I saw that his first name is William. I didn't know that until I looked it up yesterday. Even though Walsh is Joe's adopted father's last name, Joe had that name longer than this other Joe Walsh.

I have heard of this Joe Walsh before yesterday.

When I go on Youtube, the other Joe Walsh popped up too. Mostly before Joe's videos.

I just feel so bad for Joe. When I saw Joe Walsh trending yesterday, I knew it wasn't Joe since Joe wouldn't say something like that and I also saw former IL Congressman in the title.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Yeah there was a post about this in fastlane's fb post. I had said That guy should face charges for threatening the president. We know our Joe would never do anything like this.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I had wonder why he goes by Joe Walsh knowing there was another famous Joe Walsh and Joseph is not even his first. I guess he's been going by Joe probably for a long time too. I saw that his first name is William. I didn't know that until I looked it up yesterday. Even though Walsh is Joe's adopted father's last name, Joe had that name longer than this other Joe Walsh.

I have heard of this Joe Walsh before yesterday.

When I go on Youtube, the other Joe Walsh popped up too. Mostly before Joe's videos.

I just feel so bad for Joe. When I saw Joe Walsh trending yesterday, I knew it wasn't Joe since Joe wouldn't say something like that and I also saw former IL Congressman in the title.
    You can't just tell the politician Joe Walsh he has to change his name because the musician had it first! It's a common Irish name! We had a former Prime Minister, Malcolm Fraser, whose first name was John. It isn't uncommon for people to be known by their middle name.

Banned

There is a famous Bill Walsh. He's some kind of coach. There is also a younger musician named Joe Walsh, who's premier instrument is the mandolin.

Our Joe has had dealings with the ex-congressman in the past, in the form ofa cease and desist letter.

http://lawhaha.com/joe-walsh-tells-j...se-and-desist/

They have also spoken to each other, thanks to a radio DJ seizing an opportune encounter. Our Joe said "that's a mighty fine name you have" other Joe didn't quite know what to say. Even after the DJ brought up the cease and desist, our Joe handled it with tact and diplomacy.

I'll see if I can find the clip but searching for Walsh stuff isn't easy at the moment.

Banned

I've been collecting Joe Walsh records for over 30 years. The golden period was definitely the early eighties. Besides all the post Eagles solo albums, two from Joe himself, Joe featured heavily on new albums by Joe Vitale (Plantation Harbor), John Entwhistle (Too Late The Hero) and especially Ringo Starr's Old Wave, which he produced and co-wrote most of the songs.

Somebody has Old Wave up on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-Wave-v...cAAOSwQupXWzqR

I tell you this album is rare. I saw it once in a record store. There were two import copies on sale. I bought one. I decided I'd better, blow my budget, and buy the other as well, about half an hour later but when I returned to the shop, it was gone.

I've since seen it listed as one of the most valuable LPs ever released.

That value has dropped considerably since it was released worldwide on CD and mp3 versions are easy to find but I bet it's worth more than the 35 Au$ price the seller is asking.

It's one of my favourite Joe Walsh records.

Banned

Great interview with Joe!

Talks, new music, the other Joe Walsh, Glenn and the future of the Eagles. There's a bit of a diss to Timothy, I hope it was unintentional

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/ae-musi...-tour-politics

I love the “Hi, this is Joe Walsh. Don’t vote for me.” story

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for that. A funny story, some sadness and something to look forward to. Well done, Joe.

I'm oddly reassured to know that Joe could see Glenn's increasing frailty.