Page 116 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor
    Why do you think they attend band meetings at the beginning of every year? I'm not sure if Tim & Joe ever go to any band meetings. I doubt there are band meetings. Don and Irving (and formerly Glenn) run this show. Period.

There have been numerous references made over the years in interviews that they have a meeting each January to discuss the band's plans for that year. I wonder who leaked Joe's unhappiness about the song list to L & M. I have a feeling Don and Joe have never been close. Respect each other but not close. I think Joe was probably closer to Glenn and Don to Tim. There is video of Joe doing an interview with Glenn for overseas tours they would be doing. In it he tells the story about Dan F., Irving and himself living in a car right after they arrived in LA. He and Irving have apparently always been close. Joe loved performing with the Eagles and simply being a part of the band. When I listened to the interview he sounded somewhat hesitant and I feel defensive about this whole thing.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-16-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Border Troubadour

I agree Joe was closer to Glenn than Don H. That interview is from the Farewell 1 DVD, and Glenn always seemed to have a lot of time and love for Joe in many of the interviews he made. Conversely, I'm sure Joe said he didn't know Henley liked him until the past few years (perhaps the HOTE documentary?)!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I wonder who leaked Joe's unhappiness about the song list to L & M.
    Joe's unhappiness with the Eagles set list was something he said himself, probably during the cluster of interviews he did to promote Analog Man and it's tour. L&M were asked about the source of the report, that Joe was planning summer live dates, with somebody else besides the Eagles.

I'm sure the leaks came from Joe himself, if he felt the "gods" were taking his participation in the annual Eagles tours for granted.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 04-17-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Banned

Here's a rare treat that crops up once or twice a year.

It's not a soundboard but ALD (Assisted Listening Device) recordings are a serious step up in quality from the usual audience capture.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90...ld-361769.html

Joe Walsh
    Filene Center at Wolf Trap
    Vienna, Virginia
    August 13th, 2012
    ALD

1. Hiya
    2. Welcome To The Club
    3. A Life Of Illusion
    4. Walk Away
    5. The Confessor
    6. Analog Man
    7. I Shall Be Released
    8. Lucky That Way
    9. The Bomber: Closet Queen / Bolero / Cast Your Fate To The Wind
    10. Turn To Stone
    11. Band Intros
    12. In The City
    13. Personal Manager
    14. Funk #49
    15. Life's Been Good
    16. I.L.B.T.s
    17. Life In The Fast Lane
    18. Rocky Mountain Way
    19. All Night Long

It's a 100 minute show from 2012. For some reason Turn To Stone and Life In The Fast Lane are duplicated.

Band:
    Greg Suran (g) + Bukka Allen (k) + Rick Richards (d) + Drew Hester (d) + Dave Green (perc) + George Reif (b)
    Backing Singers;
    Leslie Page + Lois Mahalia + Ricky Washington

I Shall Be Released is dedicated to Levon Helm. Turn To Stone is dedicated to Steuart Smith.
    I wanna say hi to my buddy, Steuart Smith who's here. Steuart's the guy on my left, your right, when I play with those other guys. Steuart's my Eagle buddy. I love you Steuart... and this one's for you.

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

Red face Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Posted on Joe's FB page today. A video of pre-Petty tour rehearsals...with Deacon Frey.

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh

That is so cool Joe has Deacon in his band and he was playing his dad's famous guitar, Old Black.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's awesome Deacon's in the band and playing Old Black!!! Making me even more excited to see Joe in June!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, Deacon being along makes me want to try harder to get tickets to his show in St. Louis.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

This article about last night's show has only a brief mention of Joe, but there are some nice pictures when you scroll down. No Deacon there, as was mentioned in the other thread. He may not actually turn up at this tour even though he's rehearsing with Joe. The video clip may have been a teaser for the summer Classic concerts and nothing else. Or maybe he'll perform with Joe at just a few dates. If he's still in school, he may not have been able to commit to Joe's full tour.

"Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Open 40th Anniversary Tour In Oklahoma City"
    https://www.jambase.com/article/tom-...-oklahoma-city

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think Deacon already graduated from college. I could be wrong. I remembered Bob Seger saying in an article last year that Glenn had to fly back to one of his children's graduation and he flew back to just in time for that show he had to do. Bob didn't say who. I don't think its Otis and I think Taylor had already graduated from college.

It maybe a teaser, but their has to be a reason why Deacon was rehearsing with Joe. Maybe he's only doing a few dates with Joe or maybe he's being prep for the festival. We just don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see if Deacon is touring with Joe and that he might come later.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley