Page 135 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Walshfan88... I skipped through slower numbers... ha ha. Joe did ruffle Bobby....I totally agree with you !!
    As far as the tribute, at one point Joe was high on the neck...and you couldn't even hear it...so I don't know what was going there with the mix...but always happy to see Joe!

I really didn't enjoyed the show. I grew up watching Vince as the host. I was bored and I didn't know half of the people who were on there. I see why I stopped watching the country awards(well one reason was I was not at home when it came on). Today's country is not my cup of tea. I did enjoy some of the sappy songs. I liked Blake's song. I didn't like Brooks & Dunn updated version of Hard Working Man. I listen to their Redone album today and I didn't like the album. I only liked a few of their updated songs from that album.

Anyway. I hated they had Joe on at the last hour of the show. I wanted to change the channel so bad and I also was watching The Masked Singer during that time and I was hoping I wouldn't miss him. I didn't. I took a bath and Joe was on. I did see majority of the performance. I turned the tv after Joe was done and missed him presenting.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I really didn't enjoyed the show. I grew up watching Vince as the host. I was bored and I didn't know half of the people who were on there. I see why I stopped watching the country awards(well one reason was I was not at home when it came on). Today's country is not my cup of tea. I did enjoy some of the sappy songs. I liked Blake's song. I didn't like Brooks & Dunn updated version of Hard Working Man. I listen to their Redone album today and I didn't like the album. I only liked a few of their updated songs from that album.

Anyway. I hated they had Joe on at the last hour of the show. I wanted to change the channel so bad and I also was watching The Masked Singer during that time and I was hoping I wouldn't miss him. I didn't. I took a bath and Joe was on. I did see majority of the performance. I turned the tv after Joe was done and missed him presenting.
    See, I'm just the opposite, shun. You probably knew the half that I didn't know and I knew the half that you didn't know.

I thought it was actually quite a lot of throwback music and I hate the sappy songs. I want Florida Georgia Line's Cruise, Jason Aldean's My Kinda Party, Luke Bryan's That's My Kind Of Night, etc.

I love today's country, not a fan of the old stuff so much. The Rock/RNB/EDM stuff is more my vibe. I'm not a big hiphop fan but I like the country songs that do it, lol.

I do miss the rock stuff of a few years ago though. I loved the "bro country" stuff. I miss that sound, lol. Now it's very Bruno Mars/Coldplay inspired and while I still like it, I miss the rocked up drop tuned guitars back a couple years ago. While I do like a bit of the Thomas Rhett/Sam Hunt RNB stuff, I miss the rocked up 80s rock throwback stuff back when Florida Georgia Line first came on the scene. Cruise is one of the most important songs in country music history, and IMO it's for a good reason. The traditionalists won't agree with me though, lol. But Cruise was such a smash hit and I remember the uptempo rockin' country.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Just throwing my two cents in...In music I love all kinds of stuff, when it comes to country I like the “outlaw” sound plus Brad Paisley (the man can shred!!), George Strait, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Dierks Bentley,....that kind of vibe. I am not fond of the top40 pop country. And I love a slow song but there was just too many in a row on CMA awards, in my opinion. So skip I did, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Just throwing my two cents in...In music I love all kinds of stuff, when it comes to country I like the “outlaw” sound plus Brad Paisley (the man can shred!!), George Strait, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Dierks Bentley,....that kind of vibe. I am not fond of the top40 pop country. And I love a slow song but there was just too many in a row on CMA awards, in my opinion. So skip I did, lol.
    Out of that list, I love Dierks Bentley! Not a big fan or George or Alan. Just not my type of country music. Toby is ok in small doses, lol. I loved the Beer For My Horses song because of the rock guitar intro.

I'm a big fan of Brad Paisley, but an even bigger fan of Keith Urban.

I've seen Keith Urban 3 times now and I love all of his music from his early Ranch days up til the new RNB stuff he's doing. Keith is one of my guitar heroes. He plays a little more in my wheelhouse style wise than Brad. Brad is your straightahead country picker like Bernie Leadon. Keith has a rock edge to him that I really love and he has the best guitar sound I've ever heard live. It's just incredible. His gear collection is ace.

I guess for me I'm just a rock guy. I like other genres, but only when they don't sound like themselves, lol.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Out of that list, I love Dierks Bentley! Not a big fan or George or Alan. Just not my type of country music. Toby is ok in small doses, lol. I loved the Beer For My Horses song because of the rock guitar intro.

I've seen Keith Urban 3 times now and I love all of his music from his early Ranch days up til the new RNB stuff he's doing. Keith is one of my guitar heroes. He plays a little more in my wheelhouse style wise than Brad. Brad is your straightahead country picker like Bernie Leadon. Keith has a rock edge to him that I really love and he has the best guitar sound I've ever heard live. It's just incredible. His gear collection is ace.

I guess for me I'm just a rock guy. I like other genres, but only when they don't sound like themselves, lol.
    Deirks is ok. There's one song I like by him, I'm Ready For a Slow Down. I guess I'm a sucker for slow songs. I like Toby, Brad, and Keith. They came out around the time I was still listening to country music. I remembered when Keith was in the Ranch band. They didn't last long when they came out in the 90s. I remembered seeing Keith and two other country artists at my city's annual festival in the early 2000s. He had just came out with Nothing But the Grace of God. I really wasn't interesting in him. I was seeing the two other country singers, but I guess that counts of seeing him since I did stay and watch his set.

I probably stopped listening to country music after 2005, but I still listen to the 80s, 90s and early 00s music.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

Ya, I am rock 🎸 it's in my veins, in fact haven't listened to much country the past few years, but if I was to put some on it would be from the list above. Joe's my fave by far and wish I could've heard him at CMA play....hoping some vid comes up of James Burton Charity thang. He posted a pic of him and Brian May on his twitter....

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the videos. I didn't watch the CMA's and didn't know Joe was going to be there, so I'm glad they were available. He's definitely staying busy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Can't believe I missed this while I was running around these past two weeks. Thank goodness for video!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Did you see Brian May’s Instagram post about playing with Joe? He said some very lovely things about JW. https://www.instagram.com/p/B5CIC-Kl...5-C0B3AB023A03