Page 139 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Joe busy as usual, along with David Crosby, Sheryl Crow doing a live show tonight fundraiser for Joe Biden...too bad they didn't do that for Kent State, I guess it didn't work logistically or something. These things always happen when I have to work, hopefully I'll be able to catch later

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-crosby-joe-walsh-joe-biden-benefit/
    I knew I liked those artists for a reason. That's so awesome.

I thought Joe was doing a gig for the Kent State anniversary, probably got cancelled due to COVID would be my guess. I thought I remembered talk about a gig for that, maybe not.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Yeah. I think Kent State concert was cancel. I think there are some things you probably can't do online, but than again. You can with today's technology. I've seen where a performer's band perform from different parts of the world and turned out great.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Holy crap i guess I won't be watching. I know it's a fundraiser but oof!

https://secure.joebiden.com/onlineac...ESouvUbXvBzYA2

Ya Covid killed Kent State Anniversary Concert but couldve been cool to see something like this done for it considering circumstances.

I saw that too Shun, I was hoping the boys would do something like that where they played at different locations etc. Maybe fingers crossed

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting that, KW. Glad to see Joe is keeping busy and continuing to support the causes he believes in!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It doesn’t seem this has been posted yet - Joe will be part of Ringo Starr’s birthday celebration on July 7 which will be featured on YT. It will also be a charity fundraiser.

The event, which debuts on YouTube on July 7 at 8PM ET, will include home performances and previously unseen concert footage from Starr, Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh, Gary Clark Jr., Sheryl Crow, Sheila E, Ben Harper and more."As everyone knows, I love gathering with fans for peace and love on my birthday," Starr said in a statement. "But this year, I want everyone to be safe at home - so I called up a few friends, and we put this Big Birthday Show together so we could still celebrate my birthday with you all with some great music for some great charities. I hope you will all join me! Peace and love, Ringo."

Read More: Ringo Starr Taps Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh for 80th Birthday Show | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ring...edium=referral

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Joe tweeted regarding VetsAid being virtual performance this year due to COVID. He also mentioned that he lost a friend to COVID as well. 😞

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeWalsh/...875587/photo/1

Thanks for posting this update, KW. Soda, Glennsallnighter, Houston Baby, and I all attended last year's concert in Houston. We had a great time hanging out with one another, touring the city, and attending the show. What a difference a year makes!

Tell me about it. So cool y’all got together to enjoy!

If this has been posted already, my apologies. This is a great interview with Joe’s long-time collaborator and friend Joe Vitale, who discusses several topics including Mr. Walsh. The Eagles are brought up as well as his and Joe’s reaction to Bob Dylan’s choice of favorite Eagles song. Mr. Vitale has certainly performed with some heavy-hitters!

This passage reveals Joe’s desire to be in a band where he wasn’t shouldering all the responsibility pre-dated the Eagles:
    How did Joe want Barnstorm to be different than the James Gang?
    He wanted more of a band thing. In other words, in the James Gang, Joe did a lot of everything. He was the lead singer, lead guitar player, wrote most of everything. He was main presence and that’s a lot of pressure on an individual, to be the guy that everyone is coming to see. He wanted to be in a band. He’s a real band guy. There’s a difference. There are solo artists out there and that’s what they want to do. They’re the boss and the focus is on them. Joe is more shy than that onstage. He rocks out, but he likes the whole band thing.
    His goal was in starting the band was that he wanted other people to write songs and sing, whatever. We all participated. We had a good four- or five-year run. Then I stayed with Joe after Barnstorm broke up. I still work with him.

Drummer Joe Vitale on His 50-Year Saga With CSNY, Joe Walsh, the Eagles, and John Lennon”, by Andy Greene, Rolling Stone, August 27, 2020

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks Delilah. I'm looking forward to reading this when a get a little more time. I really enjoyed Joe's book - he's a really good storyteller. I guess it helps a lot when you've as many good stories to tell as Joe does.