Page 31 of 148 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

Here's something interesting. Really don't know where else to put this.

So I checked my followers on Twitter this morning as I do every so often and there is this guy that started to follow me. I clicked on his profile and it turns out he's a lifelong friend to JOE WALSH!!! And he has wrote an ebook about his times with Joe and it is on Amazon. I figure he found my profile after all of my tweets about Joe and that I've put in my profile info that Joe is my hero.

Here is the book:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Me-ebook/dp/B0055T1FBY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310560010&sr=8-1[/ame]

I don't have a Kindle and there isn't a preview of the book but this was just too cool to not share with you all. The reviews on the book are all positive and they say it's great. This is an e-book, meaning it's not available in paper or hard back and that it's an online copy you can get from Amazon. I think it's specifically for Kindles though which is really limiting. If it worked on any computer I'd be tempted to buy it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I read about this somewhere a couple of weeks ago......and tbh I couldn't help thinking it was some sort of a fake/scam don't ask me why - maybe i'm just an old cynic
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Cool about Joe and Kenny Chesney - thanks for the link, AEF!

With regard to Steve Lemco's book - if you scroll down you see it's a self-published vanity project (hence why it's not available except as an e-book). Now, that doesn't mean it might not have some interesting bits if this guy truly knew Joe, but it's not undergone any kind of oversight or vetting such as would take place with a real publishing firm... so take anything said in it with a grain of salt.

ETA: According to the author's description of his book, it's not so much about Joe as it is about his own life, so be prepared for that if you shell out. (Rather misleading title, eh?) As for the reviews... well, it would be a sad man indeed who couldn't enlist three friends to write favorable reviews, lol, so I wouldn't put too much trust in those.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

I don't have a Kindle and there isn't a preview of the book but this was just too cool to not share with you all. The reviews on the book are all positive and they say it's great. This is an e-book, meaning it's not available in paper or hard back and that it's an online copy you can get from Amazon. I think it's specifically for Kindles though which is really limiting. If it worked on any computer I'd be tempted to buy it.
    Austin, you can get kindle for your pc which I believe is free and you can also get a sample of the book sent to your pc - at least you can with Amazon.co.uk
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Quote Originally Posted by tequila girl View Post
    Austin, you can get kindle for your pc which I believe is free and you can also get a sample of the book sent to your pc - at least you can with Amazon.co.uk
    Interesting!!! Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know that.

I also understand why you might be nervous about it... Strangely enough the guy has removed his Twitter account now.... It's starting to look a little more fishy than it did in the beginning. I also see what Soda is saying about the reviews - he could have made them himself or something. I don't think it's a scam but it might not be worth reading either or just a bad book. Hard to say.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Very cool. I'm also a Rundgren fan. "Can We Still Be Friends" and "I Saw The Light" in particular. "Hello, It's Me" never did much for me though.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Cool! Thanks for posting that, AEF.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

QuoteEagles guitarist Joe Walsh. Walsh, looking quite dapper,

I wonder what Joe had on? I didn't see any pics there.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten