Page 39 of 148 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Wow - that was great. All I can say is that when Joe wrote "Life's Been Good", hardly no one on the planet would have ever imagined that song being played on a country music show - I guess it just shows how much influence the Eagles have had over country music. Country music today is a lot like what the Eagles did in the '70's.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I thought the "Life's Been Good" intro was a little out of place, too, but I guess they wanted to give Joe his own "moment" before proceeding to the Paisley part. It was cute that he pointed to Brad for the "He's cool!" line.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yeah the LBG intro was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting it but I sure did enjoy it. That said, it wasn't a shock though either. More like a surprise. Made it all that much better for me. That song will never get old.

As far as LBG on country awards show - Country has changed a LOT since the country days of the 60s, 70s, 80s, and even 90s. I personally think some of these "country" artists and bands are closer to Classic Rock than Modern Rock could ever dream of. I love Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, etc. They sound like Classic Rock to me which is one of the reasons I like them so darn much. They actually sound very "rock" to me guitar-wise ESPECIALLY. They use distortion, and Gibson "rock" guitars (they do use some Fenders still, granted) and they have nicer and better sounding guitar rigs than the modern rock bands do. Keith Urban's guitar sound IMO is much closer to rock than country especially and he doesn't typically play traditional chicken picking licks much. Brad does more than him, but even Brad has a strong rock edge. I guess you could say I'm a Classic Rock/Modern "Country" guy. I put country in quotations because most of it doesn't sound like what I would define as country music. There is pop, and rock LOL. Brad and Keith being rock, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift being more pop. When I think of Country I think of guys from the early days through the 90s (later guys being Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, Vince Gill, George Strait, etc). Modern country is not country LOL. It's either pop or rock IMHO.

But yeah I LOVED the collaboration/performance and I think it would be cool as heck if they did a CMT Crossroads episode together where they pair rock and country artists up and do each others tunes. Some of the episodes are horrible but some are absolutely phenomenal. Some of my favorites were .38 Special and Trace Adkins, John Mayer and Keith Urban, Steve Miller and Kenny Chesney. Some of my not-so-favorites were Def Leppard and Taylor Swift, lol.

Also as far as "weird appearances", Def Leppard (a big name hard rock "glam" band) and Taylor Swift were on the CMAs a few years back doing "Pour Some Sugar On Me". Now THAT'S weird LOL! Love Lep though, FWIW.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Thought this was interesting. I didn't know that Ringo was that close to releasing his new CD.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ringo...s-song-review/

I posted this in the Ringo thread a bit ago, but it mentions that Joe is on the album;

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ringo...ew-album-2012/

Just wanted to refer back to the Camoflauge video since I just got a chance to watch it. I was thrilled to finally hear Joe harmonize! Never can make him out on Eagles songs, but he was well heard here! Loved it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I listened to the song and I liked it. I did agree that the music did drown out Ringo's vocals but I like the arrangement. I guess I need on go onto You Tube and listen to the original to hear how that was done.

Dunno if they knew each other before the camo song, but Joe n the Captain will do well, as long as Joe does the singing. I wonder if another new song will be released, being that close to May and all....

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/7...ity-horse-show
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Stuck on the Border

I THOUGHT that was James McCartney! How cool!

But if you scroll down to the photo of James with his Dad & siblings Stella & Mary, Sir Paul looks younger than James does.