Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Once again, the thread has turned into being about Glenn! Seems that you come into every thread to praise Glenn. Can't anything be about anyone else in the band??? Any time anyone says anything nice about another band member, Glenn must be brought into the conversation. This thread is about Joe.We get it that you love Glenn, but some of us can discuss other band members without it being all about Glenn!
    Wow.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It was Austin who brought After Hours into it & I gave a brief answer. How about you actually read the posts instead of just attacking me for no reason? I also did say that I did not wish to hijack Joe's thread, but I repeat, Austin brought it up. I answered what he said & then I returned to Joe.

OK?

Now; Some critics were very kind to AM. That does not mean I have to agree with them. I was not talking about critics' opinions of it but my own. I also said previously that I knew I was in a minority.
    My bad, I do see that Austin did bring it up! Very sorry for that comment FP!

He has sung My Girl live.

Interesting. See, that's the kind of songs I'd love to hear him do. I didn't know he had done that one before but I think it'd fit his voice rather well.

Saying that Analog Man is 'better than nothing' to me isn't a good enough reason to endorse it. Of course it's better than nothing. That goes without saying. But what about its actual merits?

All I'm saying (my thoughts on the album aside), is that I'm glad Joe put out something instead of never making another record. I'm not saying that has to make anyone like it, but I'd much rather he put something out than nothing at all.

I am glad to see he did it and I do like a good number of songs on it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Once again, the thread has turned into being about Glenn! Seems that you come into every thread to praise Glenn. Can't anything be about anyone else in the band??? Any time anyone says anything nice about another band member, Glenn must be brought into the conversation. This thread is about Joe.We get it that you love Glenn, but some of us can discuss other band members without it being all about Glenn!
    I realize this post wasn’t directed at me, but, as a moderator, I’m going to weigh in on this. TK – It’s nice that you apologized for your comments. But, even if your post had been factually correct, it comes across as very rude. I wouldn't even respond if this were an isolated incident. But, you have claimed on numerous occasions how much you dislike confrontation, yet you are often times the instigator of this type of conflict on the board. Please try to keep the tone of your posts is less offensive going forward. If you want to address this with anyone further, it’s probably best to do it by PM so we can keep this kind of negativity off the board.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Saying that Analog Man is 'better than nothing' to me isn't a good enough reason to endorse it. Of course it's better than nothing. That goes without saying. But what about its actual merits?
    FP - I think Analog Man has plenty of actual merits and I believe many others feel that it does as well. I'm not clear about what you meant in your post, but I presume that you are not dismissing the album as having no merits. If you don't like it, fair enough, but I think there are several threads in this forum that discusses the album's merits. Maybe not every song is great, but it sure has a good share of high quality material on it, IMHO.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    FP - I think Analog Man has plenty of actual merits and I believe many others feel that it does as well. I'm not clear about what you meant in your post, but I presume that you are not dismissing the album as having no merits. If you don't like it, fair enough, but I think there are several threads in this forum that discusses the album's merits. Maybe not every song is great, but it sure has a good share of high quality material on it, IMHO.
    I like six songs from it. They are the title track, Band Played On, Wrecking Ball, One Day At A Time, Family & Lucky That Way. I intend to say no more on this subject.

Stuck on the Border

My bad, I do see that Austin did bring it up! Very sorry for that comment FP!
    Accepted.

While reading this article I saw Joe mentioned here. Seems like he was pretty tight with the Who.
    Apparently Joe had gifted some equipment to Pete Townshend that Pete rigged up for the epic sound on the song"Won't Get Fooled Again"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/weeke...-fooled-again/

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

More press on Joe's mystery project.

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-fe...rr-mick-jagger
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Can't wait to get me details on this. Joe had mentioned working on another album ... if that's the case, he's got a pretty impressive guest list so far!