Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I initially was surprised that Joe chose Take It To The Limit to honour Glenn but after a little thought it seems a completely apt choice. To the guys in the band, Glenn was the Eagle who kept raising the bar and pushing the boundaries. Glenn was always Taking It To The Limit, even when Randy was singing it.

Even if Randy turns up during the tour to sing Take It To the limit with Joe, it would still be a wonderful tribute to Glenn.

Thanks for posting that insight East Texas Girl. I hope Joe realizes that, he and Glenn did "grow old together"
    In what way? He has just said himself that they didn't. Regardless of others' comments I see the song as an odd choice.

Surely you don't really think Randy Meisner will make an appearance on this tour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In what way? He has just said himself that they didn't. Regardless of others' comments I see the song as an odd choice.

Surely you don't really think Randy Meisner will make an appearance on this tour.
    A young relative of mine was asking me about my favourite bands. I showed her some footage of a newly reformed Eagles from HFO. Her first impression consisted of three words, the last two of which were "they're old!", and that was 20 years ago.

It's great that Joe feels young and healthy but he's closer to the end of his career than the start.

I don't expect Randy to make any public appearances in future but if he wants to publicly honour Glenn, joining Joe singing Take It To The Limit would be a great way to do it and I'm sure Joe would love it too. I imagine the death of his wife is still occupying all of Randy's thoughts.

I'm wondering, if and how Felder is going to mark Glenn's passing.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 05-15-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Banned

Here's a, pretty good, 3 page interview/article with Joe by George Varga for The San Diego Union-Tribute.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...?#article-copy

Seems the History Of The Eagles documentary has blown Joe's previous anonymity!

Thanks for sharing.
    He makes such a good impression in this interview. I really appreciate his modesty and simplicity.
    "Your prison is walking through this world all alone ..."

Stuck on the Border

Nice interview.

The co-writer of the song, "Here's to Life" said it was inspired by seeing and 83 year-old George Burns on tv whose response to be congratualed on all he'd done in his life, said he was looking forward to the the second half. I put Joe in that category. He doesn't act old, or talk about slowing down, he just keeps doing.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That's a pretty good interview. I agree with him about the state of politics and voting. Joe always comes across as a nice, laidback guy.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Banned

This is an interesting development.

Joe is going to play a concert at the American Music Theatre on the last day of July, billed as "An Evening With Joe Walsh". The tickets are pricey so I'm not expecting it to be the regular, dozen or so songs, Walsh set list.

It could be something like Henley's recent "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" show. (That title screams "tribute act" to me .) I can see Irving selling the idea to Joe but really I'd prefer Joe to stick to what his true gift is... music.

http://lancasteronline.com/features/...c35963233.html

Stuck on the Border

Extra dates have been announced:

http://joewalsh.com/news/275393

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I haven't had a chance to listen to this interview yet, so I don't know what Joe says or if it's anything new.
    http://wcsx.com/2016/05/18/joe-walsh-still-not-glenn/
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

This is good. Joe talks about 15 songs and opens up more than usual as well as describing how the songs came about:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...-1976-20160519