Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Glenn and Joni Mitchell

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn and Joni Mitchell

I had no idea they wrote a song together!!! Thanks UTW for that and the podcast with Cameron. Does make me wonder what it sounds like.

GA, I wondered that too and if Glenn ever saw it. Mandy did cover "Help Me" a couple years before she was casted as Rapunzel (I've been a fan of hers since I was a teen) so that was another reason the writers were wanting her as the character's voice. Flynn's very popular not just with kids, but also adults like myself who love Disney films and how he was written like a Han Solo character type. We never had a Disney character like Flynn when we were kids, even though Prince Eric was kind of close. I even saw memes on social media about "being in my 20s and attracted to a Disney character". LOL But the personality matches so much.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Love that story, UTW and you have inspired me to listen to that podcast again!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I put this in the Remembering Glenn Frey" thread months ago, but I'll mention it here because it's about a Glenn/Joni co-write called "When a bad boy meets a bad girl in the night".

Cameron Crowe did a podcast about Glenn for Rolling Stone. The bit on this song starts at 25:45.
    https://soundcloud.com/rollingstone/...ld-record-dead

Rough transcription (in case the podcast goes away but listen if you can because Cameron catches the way Glenn spoke):

There was one song that Glenn wrote with Joni Mitchell that neither of them ever recorded that I have on one of these tapes and it's such a good song, "When a bad boy meets a bad girl in the night" and it's just so great.
    Oh my gosh, I wanna hear this song SO BAD.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Same here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We need to organise a raiding party on Cameron Crowe's garage or wherever he keeps those tapes. The problem is he seems to hoard everything (listen to the Almost Famous commentary). There's sure to be a copyright issue and I wouldn't want it to get buried in Don Henley's basement. Maybe I just want to be assistant to someone brought in to catalogue the collection.