Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

Default If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

I know all of us who went to see the Eagles during the first part of this tour enjoyed every moment of the concerts, and some of you probably wouldn't change a thing about the shows. However, now that they are embarking on the second leg of the tour, I started thinking about what two things I would change, if I had the power to do so!
    The first thing I would do, is add some Glenn solo songs! When I went to the show in Washington, I went in not knowing the set list. When I left, I remember being disappointed that Glenn didn't perform any of his solo material. If I could, I would add "Part of Me, Part of You", "Lover's Moon", and "You Belong to the City".
    The second thing I would change is their clothing! I would get them out of the business suits, and into more informal attire, such as what they wore in HFO, F1, or Christchurch. I know some fans enjoy the suits, but I could never warm up to them. I particularly like to see Glenn in his black T shirt, and Don in his denim or flannel shirt.
    Anyway, that's what I would change, if I could! What would you all change?

Default Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

You're a good one for thinking of new topics, Stars. I agree with both of yours wholeheartedly, but then I'll build on that. Since we're dreaming, I'm REALLY going to have them change. I'm going to have them mix up their concerts a bit each show, so that they are actually performing, say, the "basic" 20 standards and LROOE numbers that they know their fans (and they) want to hear; but then they will throw in a different 5 -8 songs that will vary with each performance. Like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates-- when a fan goes to a particular show, "you never know what's you're going to get!" If they would just realize that fans are not looking for them to reproduce note for note the perfectionist's album version of each song, they would gain tons of fans' accolades for playing songs those fans may not have ever heard live before. (Certainly, the Eagles could choose from a wider range of maybe 25 songs to interchange over a bunch of shows--so that they still would be familiar enough with them to play them. It's not like they would be playing a song they hadn't done in 30 years...)

Next, I would add some more storytelling between songs, rather than the jokes. In Worcester, I heard the longer version of the story behind Lyin' Eyes, and I thought it was a nice touch. I would love to hear about more of what was going on in their lives and in their minds when more of their songs were written, especially the lesser known ones.

Not asking too much, am I?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I like all the ideas so far!

I too, would love for Glenn to do a couple of his solo songs. POMPOY would be my first choice.

I'd also like for them to add a couple of old songs to each concert like ev said and mix it up at each show. First choice would be Good Day In Hell.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Good suggestions so far!

One thing Lindsey Buckingham did to "shake things up" a bit on his Under the Skin tour was change the encore. There was one "mystery song" at the end. He didn't play a different "mystery song" every night - he basically rotated about four - but you never knew which of the four it would be. (I heard later that they were songs Lindsey had thought about putting in the setlist and rehearsed, but decided against, so he worked them in this way). The Eagles could do that.

I'd add My Girl to the set officially. I was so disappointed when Glenn didn't sing even one line of it audibly (back from the mic doesn't count) at ANY of the three shows I went to!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I can't say anything so far because I go in July and will see the new show. The only thing I can say is I don't like the suits either... would rather see them in jeans and shirt or so. Every time I see them in their black suits I think they are on the way to a funeral.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

#1.) Put them in casual wear (example--Christchurch, Farewell, HFO)

#2.) Put them in casual wear (example-Timothy's tight jeans and black form fitting shirt like in Farewell)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    #1.) Put them in casual wear (example--Christchurch, Farewell, HFO)

#2.) Put them in casual wear (example-Timothy's tight jeans and black form fitting shirt like in Farewell)
    Willie, I take it the suits aren't working for ya, huh? They would look even hotter and younger in good ole' rock and roll jeans and T's, or whatever type of shirts...just not button-downs! And I'm sure they would be more comfortable, too!

Stuck on the Border

I like the suits. If that is what they wish to wear, I won't complain.

I would change the following:

Glenn should add solo songs
    Don should play drums on a couple of the new songs. As long as he doesn't the suspicion will remain that he doesn't play drums on the new album at all, even though he is credited.

I disagree. I think the suits make them look like corporate mongers.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm not too worried about the suits. They are not a big issue for me although the pink shirt is my favourite look on Glenn . What I WOULD like to see would be
    1. Glenn do one or more solo songs such as POMPOY as already suggested or 'Smugglers Blues'

2. Glenn do a meet and greet before the show!! (I know I might as well dream here as in bed! lol)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP