Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

Cool Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

I wouldn't mind a 5 hr concert, I'd even have an hour break for them. As nice as that would be it would be too hard on them now, maybe when they first started out but not now .
    Yes they do react to the feedback of the crowd and it's too bad you didn't get a chance to experience that ,Mrs Frey, as they really rock when they have a lively crowd !!

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

Default Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

I finally got to read this thread. Great responses, everyone.

My personal requests (sorry, I've got more than two!):

More talking, banter, and storytelling between songs. As mentioned earlier, Don does talk a lot between songs on his solo tour, and I LOVE that. It really personalizes the concert experience.

Bring back Wasted Time. The first time I heard that live I just adored it, when Don stood center-stage in that spotlight and sang his heart out. *sigh*

Let Glenn sing Smuggler's Blues. That is one of my favorites and he does it so well!

And as everyone else has said--bring back the second encore!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Only two things, eh? While I'm not a fan of the suits, I guess I could live with them for the following changes:

1) Tequila Sunrise, with the whole, "i think I"ll go down to Mexico" bit...

2) Mix up the set list. I like the element of surprise. Even if it's just rotating in/out a few different songs... or even just putting them in a different order. I would think THEY have to be bored of the same of thing night after night.

When we went on a binge a few years ago and attended something 16 concerts over a couple of years in time, they kept the sets pretty much identical. The "big speculation" was whether or not they opened by singing "Seven Bridges Road". They did in about a third of the concerts overall, but that was the only change! Even the same "Credit Card Song" joke inserted at almost the same note in the introduction of "Take It To The Limit". When I got home, I looked for a TAB of TITTL and was surprised NOT to find that joke as part of the lyrics! Seriously, the "joke" became the joke amongst fans we kept repeatedly running into at different stops on the tour. It sort of became the "icon". Just something we the fans fondly joked about. Nothing belligerent.

The Eagles have sunk a lot into the video going on behind them. I think it would be pretty much of a nightmare synchronizing those videos to an ever changing set list. And, having that "fixed set" does help satisfy the yearning of Glenn and Don (especially Don) of working everything out to "studio perfection" levels of performance.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Mike, for me personally, I could do without all the video behind them. I'm there to see THEM, not their videos, KWIM?

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Mike, for me personally, I could do without all the video behind them. I'm there to see THEM, not their videos, KWIM?
    I do know Exactly what you Mean!

But since "they" DO keep such an unrelenting sameness with their performances...changing pretty much only from one tour to the next...they can very effectively employ those visuals and key them exactly to the song and mood they are trying to convey.

It's not a "bad" thing but unless a band adhered to such a regimented performance, they could not be as concise with the videos as are the Eagles.

It's a "good/bad" thing. It's amazing that they CAN do it (meaning their exact studio performances) and that's the good thing. From my perspective, it's a not so good thing because there are no "surprises". To each his own though. I'm just not used to Rock N Roll performances coming across so closely as they do to a replay of a DVD.

MikeA

I never thought of the video as being one of the reasons the Eagles don't change their setlist. I would kill the video in a heartbeat if it meant the band could just be more spontaneous in their song choices! However, I know that's only one of many reasons, unfortunately for the fans.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    I never thought of the video as being one of the reasons the Eagles don't change their setlist. I would kill the video in a heartbeat if it meant the band could just be more spontaneous in their song choices! However, I know that's only one of many reasons, unfortunately for the fans.

I never thought of that either. And I would kill the video, too. But It'll never happen. Glenn and Don are perfectionists and want it that way. I guess you could say 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks'. They like that slick, oiled machine. It's easy that way. Same thing, same way, night after night. They could do it in their sleep. And it's good. And people keep spending the big bucks. Don't fix it if it ain't broken. I could go on.........lol
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I don't think I made myself clear. Not surprising. I don't think they perform the way they do in order to keep the video. The do the video the way they do because they can due to the way they choose to perform.

Did that make sense? If they didn't have the repetitious performances, they would probably be going nuts (or someone would be) trying to keep a video sequence synchronized with the performances.

I don't know. That's all just speculation.

MikeA