Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

Default Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

I support both of your proposals wholeheartedly, Willie.

I'd also like to see the reintroduction of Wasted Time. I know there are so many songs they have to get through, but Wasted Time was pretty much the first Eagles song I fell in love with (thanks to Don's beautiful vocals on HFO.) I would love to hear it live.

I'd love them to do Frail Grasp, too. It's funky and there are quite a few lyrics that I think would be fun to watch Don perform!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

1. Lose the suits!
    2. Joe would sing LGTIT instead of Guilty of the Crime.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm one that actually like the suits, but i also like them in their regular clothes too. How about this? The first of my two things to change would be to have the guys wear the suits in the first half and then break out their regular (and i'm sure more comfortable) clothes in the second half of the show. This way it satisfies fans that like the suits and those that don't.

My second change would be to add more between song chatter. Even though we hear pretty much the same stories and jokes, I still very much enjoy them but would like to hear more. I like to hear their speaking voices just as much as their singing voices.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    I'm one that actually like the suits, but i also like them in their regular clothes too. How about this? The first of my two things to change would be to have the guys wear the suits in the first half and then break out their regular (and i'm sure more comfortable) clothes in the second half of the show. This way it satisfies fans that like the suits and those that don't.
    Sounds good.
    And I agree with Prettymaid, Joe should sing LGTIT.

Border Desperado

After reading all of these great posts I figured I'd throw my two cents in. The first show I saw in July had two encores. The next two only had one (although I think they were going to do two in Atlantic City but cut it short because of some bad crowd behavior). Put the second encore in all the concerts. "All She Want s To Do Is Dance" is a crowd pleaser. It really gets people up and moving. At the Don Henley solo show I went to, Mr. Henley himself was amazed at the crowd's enthusiasm.

It would be nice if Don Henley spoke more. During his solo show he comes across as quite the storyteller. He interacts well with Glenn Frey, they should play off one another more than they do...the audience would eat it up!

I agree, some Frey solo works should be added. The suits are ok but...they should lose them when they come back from the intermission. Other than that...

Border Desperado

At the London O2 shows last March / April they dropped the last encore, so we lost out on ROCKY MOUNTAIN WAY DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that track live, shame !

Cheers Gary

One thing I'd REALLY like to see is for them to bring the ticket prices back to something approaching "reasonable"! Even with non inflated prices by the gougers, $178 a ticket is too much.

MikeA

Cool Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

My two things would be that they all get to dress how they individually want to and I like the idea of switching up the set a bit--makes it interesting. That way more of the oldies would get sung and it would keep it fresh so no one got bored.

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That last would be great for anyone attending more than one gig in the same venue or city. Maybe keep the same 'Anchor' songs, but vary some of the others. That way we get to hear pretty much all of them!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - I like everyone's ideas here and would like to see all of them implemented. However, I was trying to decide if I could realistically pick my top two things that I would change. Since sitting in on the sound check, having dinner with the band before the show, and hanging out backstage before the show probably aren't going to be happening for me, I guess I'll go with ...

1. Bring back at least one of Glenn's solo songs
    2. Bring back a second encore

I didn't even mention the suits since that has already been thoroughly covered. Also, I most definitely would love to see them throw in a 'surprise' each night.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016