Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

Border Desperado

Default Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

A girl can dream, can't she?

I think the second encores are a result of a couple of things. 1) The response of the audience and 2) the mood of the guys. Those three hour shows have got to take a ton of energy; I can't imagine getting up there on stage and flawlessly performing their material. I would have been beside myself with excitement if they had given a second encore at the concert I attended. I hope they bring them back, too. It is such a treat.

I was just thinking today that I would love to see them do "The Last Resort". I loved that one so much on HFO, and that is definitely a song I NEVER get tired of listening to! I just adore it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Of all the Eagles songs that Don takes the vocals exclusively on I would say that TLR is my favourite. My husband was listening to it the other day as HFO was forced on him in the car and he actually loved it as well......and replayed it! I know some people think its a bit of an epic but I find you don't notice that its a long song as it holds your attention.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

The Last Resort is one mine all time favorites songs,
    I loved it since the first time I heard it.
    To hear this song of the concert would be very cool!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Cool Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

I'd like to hear "Seven Bridges Road" in concert, I love that song . "In a New York Minute", Smugglers Blues and "You Belong to the City" would be great to see in concert too . Maybe someday they'll bring them back in the line up.

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

Quote Originally Posted by TimothysGirl View Post
    I'd like to hear "Seven Bridges Road" in concert, I love that song . "In a New York Minute", Smugglers Blues and "You Belong to the City" would be great to see in concert too . Maybe someday they'll bring them back in the line up.

SBR is a CLASSIC Eagles concert tune. It really shows off their vocal talent...possibly more than any other song they've done. I would love to hear them do that one again.

But even back in the Farewell tours, it was always a question as to whether they would do it. It all depended on whether their vocals were in top form...if they were off even a little in their backstage warmup, they wouldn't do it.

MikeA

They probably think that No More Walks in the Wood is an acceptable replacement for SBR. I would disagree. As Mike said, SBR is a classic. I like SBR much more that NMWITW. The latter is not nearly as melodic, and that's important to me in a song.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Cool Re: If you could change two things about the LROOE Tour

Does anyone know where there is a video of them doing "Seven Bridges Road" (with Timothy singing) it didn't get on the Farewell Tour DVD and I'd like to see it if it's out there!

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

The only thing I would change is remove whatever it is that blocks viewers from seeing the backdrop from a side angle.

I've just read quickly read through everyone's comments in this thread (interesting thread, Stars!).

I don't agree or disagree with anyone here. I think we all have Eagles songs that are special to us, or we would like to hear our favourite Eagle doing more songs or solo songs, whatever the case may be.

For me, that night of 20 March last year in London was so special, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I only wish that the boys didn't have their opening night nerves, because as I read reviews of shows posted by ladies on The Border who attended later shows, the boys seemed to loosen up afterwards and offer many more jokes and anecdotes. However, having said that, I understand stage nerves, as I've experienced it many times myself, and even seasoned professionals like the Eagles are not immune to them. The crowd that night was somewhat reticent, which didn't encourage the boys to come out of their shells.

Regarding song choices, I must say I missed hearing "Tequila Sunrise", "Already Gone" and "New Kid In Town", and I would have loved hearing "Wasted Time" too. However, they included 9 LROOE songs, which I really appreciated, and if they included every song we wanted them to sing, they'd be on stage for 5 hours instead of 3!

I think a solo song from Glenn is fair enough, especially since both Don and Joe have solo songs included. I don't have a major problem with it, though. Glenn is known to somewhat underrate himself, but he does take centre stage most of the time, introducing the songs and so forth.

I really can't complain.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down