Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Elton John

Default Re: Elton John

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    First of all.......I am addicted to Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters at this moment.

Second of all, Elton is coming back to North Dakota! Needless to say, I will be going!
    Mona Lisa's & Mad Hatters iis a favorite of mine too. Hopefully he will play it when you see him.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Mona Lisa's & Mad Hatters iis a favorite of mine too. Hopefully he will play it when you see him.
    I hope so, I want to hear it live! I can't for the life of me remember if he played it the last time. lol I'm not expecting it, but I really really REALLY hope he plays "Something About The Way You Look Tonight" too!

ETA: I felt like I should clarify, I'm expecting him to sing Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters, I'm NOT expecting Something About The Way You Look Tonight.
    Last edited by Maleah; 02-27-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    I hope so, I want to hear it live! I can't for the life of me remember if he played it the last time. lol I'm not expecting it, but I really really REALLY hope he plays "Something About The Way You Look Tonight" too!
    I'm pretty sure that he played it when I saw him, but he played so many great songs I can't be 100% sure

Ohhhhhhhhh you guys.......I can't even tell you how awesome Elton was! It was the night before his birthday and he seemed to be in great spirits! He said it was the final show in that leg of the tour so he wanted to do his best to make it special for everyone. I didn't get the floor seats that I wanted, but we got seats right to the left of the stage, about 13 rows up. They were actually AWESOME seats! We were at Elton's back, but that was totally ok because he stands up after every song and walks around, waving to everyone.

I was so excited to be able to share the "Elton experience" with my sister! She really wanted to go when he was in our town, but wasn't able to make it due to financial reasons. She's been listening to artists like Elton and the Eagles long before I ever came along. She has the longer history and is a big fan, but I am definitely more obsessed. It was so awesome when we heard "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" start, then we see Elton in his black and red suit stepping up on the stage. I look over at my sister and her eyes were just sparkling and she says "there he is! I've got goosebumps!" It's so cool to experience a concert of someone you absolutely love with someone who enjoys it as well!

He went right from that into Bennie and the Jets, which was quite a change up from when I saw him the first time. Last time it was very near the end of the concert, which seemed more fitting for it I thought....considering what a huge hit is. I'll post the whole setlist at the end of the post, but I was SO EXCITED that we got to hear Honky Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It made up for the disappointment from not hearing "Something About The Way You Look Tonight" or "Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters." He also did "Monkey Suit" off of his album with Leon Russell, which I was really excited about as well. ALSO....I got to hear "Believe," which I wasn't expecting either! Gosh.....even just typing this up....I'm so excited just TELLING you about it! lol I wish I could just share the experience with you all!! I remember last time telling you how in awe I was of the fact that Elton signed autographs for everyone up front. He did it again Saturday night and my sister was just as in awe as I was. I know you hear all this stuff about how dramatic he can be and this and that, but I have to say.....both times I've seen him, he's seemed to humble, gracious, and appreciative. Right before he started "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me," he waved everyone up to the stage, where they remained for the rest of the show. I'm pretty sure my ears are still ringing from the show! lol WOW Nigel absolutely BEATS those drums. lol Here's the setlist and I'll post some pics at the end too!

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
    Bennie and the Jets
    Grey Seal
    Levon
    Madman Across The Water
    Holiday Inn
    Tiny Dancer
    Philadelphia Freedom (LOVE this song)
    Harmony
    Candle In The Wind
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (especially cool to hear around because it's one of my sister's favorite songs)
    Rocket Man (ALWAYS awesome!)
    I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues (love how he does a lot more piano licks live)
    Hey Ahab (probably my favorite song off of the new album. ROCKS live!)
    Gone To Shiloh (another one I love off of the new album!)
    Monkey Suit (like I said above, wasn't expecting to hear it! Another one that rocks live!)
    Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding (wow...really shows off what an amazing musician Elton is)
    Believe (love this song)
    Someone Saved My Life Tonight (didn't remember hearing this the first time around, LOVED hearing it!)
    Honky Cat (I literally squealed when it started. lol)
    Sad Songs Say So Much (another one I love)
    I'm Going To Be A Teenage Idol
    Daniel
    Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (one of my absolute favorite Elton songs. Beautiful live!)
    Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (my FAVORITE Elton song! The entire show was amazing....but man....hearing those opening notes of this song? Chills.)
    I'm Still Standing
    B**** Is Back
    Crocodile Rock (another one I was really excited for because this is my sister's FAVORITE EJ song. She was so excited and that made my night)
    Encore: Your Song

Seriously guys....if you get the chance....DON'T miss it! See Sir Elton while you can!

Joe's there? Oh wait..... lol I was amused by the similar blonde style though lol

He was so much fun to watch, especially when he really got into it

ah the constant motion of someone who wears glasses

Careful Elton! lol

It was like he was so excited that he had to bust a move every now and then lol

I can't imagine WHY I would be standing on a piano bench at any age, but man.....I hope I COULD do it at 65 LOL

Ahhhh......Sir Elton....I adore you, quite frankly, and I WILL be seeing you a third time!

Stuck on the Border

Good heavens, Maleah. What fantastic photos. Davey's hair does look a bit like Joe's there.

Teenage Idol, eh?! That is one song I've never seen him do. And songs from The Union; obviously I haven't seen any of those live either (Gone To Shiloh may be my favourite). Glad you enjoyed it!!!