Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Orleans, LA concert 1-23-09

Default Re: New Orleans, LA concert 1-23-09

That is neat I love Mardi Gras and would love to catch A Moon pie or some beads

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awwww Stars, I'm so sorry you couldn't find a good ticket to the concert. What a bummer.

I am glad you managed to salvage a good time though.

I guess that could be a lesson to anyone planning on getting a great ticket at the last minute-it doesn't always happen.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you, Brooke. I had such high hopes too, and I had read on the board that several people had such great luck with last minute tickets elswhere.
    As I said, it wasn't meant to be, but we did have such a good time. I tried not to be too depressed, but I did feel badly, especially the night of the concert. What I forgot to mention is that we were walking on Bourbon Street the night of the show, and heard a bar band doing "Hotel California"! I said to my husband, "We must stop and listen, as this is the closest I'll come to hearing an Eagles song tonight!" However, I must say it was a pretty good version-nothing like the real thing, of course!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Stars - I'm sorry for you that you couldn't score a good seat for the show. Although it probably pays off more times than not to wait and buy your ticket from the box office, unfortunately, it is definitely risky business and doesn't always work. I know you must have been really sad knowing the guys were playing and you weren't there. Oh well, like everyone said - on the bright side, you had a great trip, and you will, hopefully, have another opportunity to get great tickets to see the band in another city.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

When I visited my friend in Mississippi this last summer, we went on a day trip to New Orleans (she graduated from Loyola there). It wasn't long enough, that's for sure! What a great city.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I've its a lovely city as well and I'm sure you had a great time exploring Stars. Pity you didnt manage to score some tickets, hopefully you'll get to another gig soon.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado

I'm all bummmed out you didn't make the show, Stars. You write great reviews and I was looking forward to another. Oh well...better luck next trip.

The New Orleans info was great. I travel extensively in my job but I've never been to NO, LA. It is definitely on my bucket list of places to visit.

Thanks and welcome back.