Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Facebook!

Hey, I very seldon start new threads and now here's the second one I've started today! I'm on a roll (sorry folks! )

One of the guys on The Sweet Board I belong to brought this up and several of us have "befriended" each other on there. So I thought I would let you guys know here if anyone's interested.

My family is spread out all over the country and my brother in law has been in Egypt the last couple of years and planning on being there for a couple more. My sister in law got us all started on Facebook so we can stay a little more in contact. Just seemed easier than letters, emails or calls (cheaper there also). It's a lot of fun and I am stilling learning it. Some one I graduated with 27 (OMG) years ago just contacted me on there. There are also lots of groups, pages, causes etc... on there to join (of course I've joined a few Eagles, Timothy, Sweet, Cars etc). Anyways, I thought I would let you guys know I'm on there as Willett Hooten if anyone wants to find me! Love to hear from any of you here.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Facebook!

Cool Willie!! I'll add you as soon as Facebook starts working again, grrr...

I have one! But I'm hesitant to give my full name here because I've had a cyber-stalker in the past (yes, little ol' me had a cyber stalker!) And she's still out there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh Wow, Sorry to hear that Nanc, I am really tempted to set my Myspace to Private, where only friends could see it.

You should do that. You never know what kind of sick people are out there.

In my case, it was someone who had a fixation on Glenn and transferred that onto me in a very negative way. She didn't approve of me, didn't feel I deserved any attention from Glenn, and felt compelled to punish me. She harassed me online and even wrote a letter to my parents telling them what an awful person I am. After that, I finally had to go to the police. Unfortunately since this person lives overseas they cannot prosecute her here. Thank goodness she does, or I imagine she'd be visiting Indiana to slash my tires.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow, That is a very scary situation. Unfortunately, there are a lot of wackos out there.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I fully understand your reluctance Soda and sure don't blame you. I haven't had that problem and boring old me probably won't. I know one of the guys on the Sweet board was just telling me that he had a similar problem where he kept getting a friend requests from some woman he didn't know. He finally wrote her and asked how he knew her and she told him she didn't but would like to. He just ignored her and lucky for him she finally left him alone. He of course, being a man, thought it was cool to have a "stalker". Men see it a little differently I guess.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have one! But I'm hesitant to give my full name here because I've had a cyber-stalker in the past (yes, little ol' me had a cyber stalker!) And she's still out there.
    Is it me?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You should do that. You never know what kind of sick people are out there.

In my case, it was someone who had a fixation on Glenn and transferred that onto me in a very negative way. She didn't approve of me, didn't feel I deserved any attention from Glenn, and felt compelled to punish me. She harassed me online and even wrote a letter to my parents telling them what an awful person I am. After that, I finally had to go to the police. Unfortunately since this person lives overseas they cannot prosecute her here. Thank goodness she does, or I imagine she'd be visiting Indiana to slash my tires.
    YEESH!! okay, so it isnt me. I'd be a nice stalker.

Rhonda, You a stalker? Never.