Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from Jacksonville, FL

Default Re: Newbie from Jacksonville, FL

Hello and Welcome Jags!!! For any fan of the Eagles, this is the place to be. There's tons of reviews and photos to go through. The lovely Mr. Henley is my main man with Mr. Frey running a close second, but don't get me wrong, I love the rest of the guys too. Have fun browsing and posting. See ya around The Border.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Hey Jags and welcome!
    How lucky are you to get to shake Joe's hand? Im a Joe-girl (if you couldnt tell already) AND you got to see them at the HR Park!! Very cool! I do hope you can get pics at the concert!!
    *I* have yet to go to a LROOE concert as they have NOT YET BEEN WEST OF THE ROCKIES... *sigh* I feel better now and I will not.. lets see, how did Willie put it?? .. Oh yeah.. WHINE any more... Im just sitting, waiting.. patiently, muttering bitterly to myself..
    Have a spectacular time at the concert!! really *G*
    Hey Ticky, you want any cheese with that whine?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hey Jags-I want to welcome you also. I, obviously, am a Timothy gal but love all the guys and have been an avid fan since the 70's.

Glad to hear you will be getting to see them next week! I agree that you need to hide that camera to get it into the venue. I was also at the show in Chicago that PM referred to and Maleah was able to take absolutely beautiful shots and Glenn even announced 2 songs into the concert it was ok to take pics. Six weeks later in Cincinnati, the camera nazi's were out in full force and even threw the guy in front of me out of the arena for taking pictures. You just never know. That has been my biggest complaint, get consistant, can we take pictures or not. Just my 2 cents!

BTW--Really cool about shaking Joe's hand!

Hope you enjoy it here! Please be sure and give us a review of the show afterward. Good luck with the whole camera thing!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Hey Ticky, you want any cheese with that whine?
    yes

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hi Jags! Welcome from me too. I've also been a fan since the '70's! I got to see the guys last fall in St. Louis and they were wonderful. My husband and I are also going in March to the Columbia show. Can't wait!

Have fun here. There's lots of great stuff to keep you busy.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you so much everyone for making me feel so welcome here! And for the great advice about getting pics... The venue's site states that they do allow non-professional cameras, but it's ultimately up to the artists, so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they'll allow them this time... ummm, yeah and I'll definitely be hiding my camera at the bottom of my bag just in case, too. LOL! Hope I can get lots of great pics to share w/ you all!

Has anyone here ever been fortunate enough to meet any of the guys and get autographs before or after the show?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Jags - It is extremely rare for fans to be able to meet the band and/or get autographs before or after an Eagles show these days. Occasionally, there are meet 'n greets scheduled with Joe before a show. Even less frequently, there may be an event scheduled where you could meet Don before a show. However, the M'nG's usually come at a steep price. I can't recall any occasions where Glenn or Tim hosted an M'nG in recent times. So the bottom line is although I never say never, unfortunately, I would say your odds of this happening are very poor.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Jags - It is extremely rare for fans to be able to meet the band and/or get autographs before or after an Eagles show these days. Occasionally, there are meet 'n greets scheduled with Joe before a show. Even less frequently, there may be an event scheduled where you could meet Don before a show. However, the M'nG's usually come at a steep price. I can't recall any occasions where Glenn or Tim hosted an M'nG in recent times. So the bottom line is although I never say never, unfortunately, I would say your odds of this happening are very poor.
    Awww, I had a feeling that would be the case. Oh well, still gotta give it a try... I think I'd probably sell my soul just to get a pic w/ Don and an autograph! JK

I always Believe that one day I will meet Don