Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New book by Susie and Joe Vitale

Border Desperado

Default Re: New book by Susie and Joe Vitale

I've just ordered my Joe Vitale book earlier today, and am hoping to get it rather soon. I'm glad to see that it is getting such great reviews from you guys, it gives me something to look forward to for a good summer reading book.

I'm almost finished with the book. It's a great read! He explains how Joe Walsh started wearing the crazy stage outfits and also how the Joe Walsh phrase "How ya doin?" came to be. And lots more of course!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

The book is worth the price just for the pictures! It is a good lite easy read. Joe Vitale left the "dark side" of Rock to the other writers who specialize in that sort of stuff...and, I'm not JUST referring to Don Felder. So go elsewhere if you are not interested in "good" side of a Rock Star's life!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I agree Mike, the book was worth the money for the photos alone but throw in a lot of good humor and I think the book is a winner. I too enjoyed the fact that Joe Vitale didn't rake anyone over the coals and seemed to find a lot of good where others didn't. I found the great water fight tale funny.

I've went thru the book fast the first time, and now I'm re-reading the Eagles/Joe sections again. I broke my bunny ears and currently have no tv, so that frees up some time....good stories by a good guy having a good time.
    I lived in Thornton CO for about 6 months and then Broomfield for about a year and a half in 85-87. Still have family in Arvada and Hudson. I've been on that road between Boulder and Nederland many times. Even went back one year to the Frozen Dead Guy fest, crazy stuff. I had a 1972 jeep almost exactly like the one in Joe's pics. Sure brings back memories...sure miss those mountains.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Is there any chance this book may become available at Books A Million anytime soon?

Don't know about the availability of the book on Books A Million, but I'm going after Joe Vitale Jr's new recording! The Old Man's too! They really are good and I like to see ANYONE continue even after labels have turned them down!

I think there are so many "acts" that should be successful who end up giving it up. We, the consumers are really missing out on some great music!

MikeA

Joe Vitale is going to be a guest on the Bob and Tom radio show tomorrow morning. I may not get to listen to it tomorrow morning but I do get the podcasts so I will get around to listening to it sometime in the next few days. No idea if he's going to be in the studio or just calling into the show. Either way, it should be a pretty good interview.

http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/index.htm
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default New Joe Vitale book

Have I simply missed the thread ... or hasn't the new autobiography of Joe Vitale had a mention yet ?! Just received my copy and it looks great !! Loads of Joe Walsh stories and a fair bit on his time with the Eagles, CSNY etc
    Anyone read it yet ?
    www.bread.moonfruit.com
    A SWEET SURRENDER : BREAD (with David Gates, James Griffin & Co.)