Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New book by Susie and Joe Vitale

Out on the Border

Default New book by Susie and Joe Vitale

Hey all you Joe and Eagles worshippers!

First...... Thank all of you who helped me find pics of Waddy with Joe Walsh. That was so sweet of you.

Next...... I wanted to thank you by letting you know about a new book I just got. It was written by Joe Vitale (drummer with Joe Walsh, Eagles, and others for many years) with help from his wife Susie and their son Joe, Jr.

It's filled with great color and b&w photos and stories you wouldn't hear anywhere else. Vitale hooked up with Walsh in Ohio, toured with him in the James Gang and Barnstorm, and eventually played with Eagles too. The stories of them on the road and in the studio are fantastic.

Here's the link to where you can buy the book Backstage Pass:
    http://www.atlasbooks.com/marktplc/02370.htm

Have fun!
    -Nina

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: New book by Susie and Joe Vitale

Great article about Joe and the book and some interesting Walsh news...

http://www.ohio.com/entertainment/enjoy/39060672.html

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks AZ for posting that. I love the story about Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. Too funny!!! I have got to get this book.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Great review AZ! thanks!! I've been wanting to read this book! and BTW, Speaking In Drums is a great CD!!

AND, by the way....2010....Walsh and Vitale? Zippity Do Da, Zippity Aa! Got a guitar and got a drum. Need a bass. Hey, "Rick the Bassman, where you are?"

MikeA

Wadayasay Mike? hit Vegas when Joe and Joe do? DAY~UM!!! do ya think there might be a Barnstorm reunion in the makes?????

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Wadayasay Mike? hit Vegas when Joe and Joe do? DAY~UM!!! do ya think there might be a Barnstorm reunion in the makes?????
    Zippity-do-Da, Zippity-Ayaaaaa.........................................!

MikeA

Here's a blog review of Joey V's new book. Sounds like fun!

Around Hear
    Your Source For Local Music News
    By D.x. Ferris
    You might not know his name, but if you're a classic rock fan, you've probably listened to Joe Vitale's work every day since the '70s. Vitale, a Canton-based drummer, recounts his 40-year career in a new book, Backstage Pass.

The unusually low-key rock memoir - as told to wife Susie Vitale - presents the human side of the iconic artists he's worked with, including the Eagles, Joe Walsh, and Crosby, Stills and Nash.

"We wanted to write the stuff that you never hear about," says Vitale. Born in Canton, Vitale quit Walsh College in 1969 and moved to Kent to join its nationally respected music scene. Vitale recalls the Kent State riots, then offers a lighter episode: After a show in Cleveland, Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and Robert Plant followed opening act the James Gang to Kent. There they played a late-night jam at JB's. Impressed with the fresh new faces, owner Joe Bujack offered Page and Plant a steady gig at his bar. (Amused, they politely turned him down.)

Vitale met Joe Walsh in Kent where, in 1971, Walsh asked him to join his post-James Gang project, Barnstorm. Vitale would play on all Walsh's solo records and follow him to the Eagles (he was their touring drummer). But first, he got a call from Ted Nugent, which led to work with Dan Fogelberg, a steady position with CSN (he's been the drummer for 33 of the band's 40 years) and a collection of a dozen gold and platinum records. The hardcover book is a breezy read with dozens of candid pictures.

Vitale will sign the book and his latest solo album, Speaking in Drums, from 7-9 p.m. Friday, March 20, at the Medina Borders (4927 Grande Shops Ave.). Also from 3-5 p.m. Saturday, March 21, at the Strongsville Borders (17200 Royalton Rd.), and 3-5 p.m. Saturday, March 28, at the Cuyahoga Falls Borders (335 Howe Ave.). Learn more at joevitaleondrums.com.

Apt. 213 ringleader Steve Makita (also of Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Lockweld) has launched a monthly festival of extreme multimedia terror. Audio/Visual Baptism hosts local and touring noise and experimental acts. Cleveland power-electronics ensemble Quell will return for the third session at 9 p.m. Sunday, March 22, at Now That's Class (11213 Detroit Ave.). "AVB has an old Speak In Tongues feel to it," says Makita. "Come out and be a part of a new unwritten history."

Chimaira has released "Secrets of the Dead," the first new single from its upcoming album, The Infection (due out Tuesday, April 21), via iTunes. Take a free listen at myspace.com/chimaira.

I got a copy of this book from Susie Vitale a while back, and I'm working on a review for it. It's definitely worth the money for any Joe W. fan. It's great!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ok, learn something new everyday here!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know the Eagles had a 'touring drummer' before Farewell 1.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten