Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Birmingham, AL 1-24-09

Default Re: Birmingham concert, 1-24-09

How AWESOME that you got up to close - and what great photos! Thanks for the review!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yes he does

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time!!! You're review was great and the pictures were FABULOUS!!!

I'm especially lovin these two pics!!!

~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

To think that those 4 guys could each look that HSG after 3 hours of music-making is astonishing! They look in those wonderful shots!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdubfan View Post
    Are they usually allowing pics to be taken now? I know at the Chi show I left my camera in the car because of what the ticket said, then a few songs into the show, Glenn says we don't mind if you take pics, just don't film us... Timing is everything in life
    I had the honor of seeing our guys twice in 4 days in Nov. First thing to do is check the venue's website. I was astonished to see that Hershey, PA's Giant Center stated right on the website that cameras were allowed (no video); although the ticket and the big booming concert announcer at the beginning of the show said the standard "NO!" Glenn clarified it at that same point in the show...the boys don't seem to mind photos; it's just the video that bothers them.

If the website doesn't say either way, or if it says "NO", than I would call them ahead of time. That's what I had to do with Worcester, MA. I was told they allowed non-professional cameras with non-interchangeable lenses. Since I did want to bring my trusty (amateur) 35 mm SLR but with an interchangeable telephoto lens (even with my floor tickets, I was hoping for shots like DF ended up with )--I had to resort to some smuggling techniques. Those are very colorfully described in another thread, when I asked my fellow Borderers for some advice! Please visit the posts 22 -- 47
    in Long Road out of Eden forum, More November Tour Dates Announced thread. Posts 22 --47 begin on page 3. You'll get more than enough ways to smuggle in your camera, candy, illicit drugs...anything your care to! (DEA, that last line was a joke, OK??)

Oh Wow! Those are such amazing photos, DF! I love the ones with the screen in the background too! Thanks for the review & the photos.
    You saw them in Birmingham the day after I saw them in NOLA, right?

They looked & sounded fabulous, didn't they? I said that would probably be my last concert for a while, but maybe they'll be back around my area One of These Nights! (Which, by the way was really well-received in New Orleans).