Thread: No Sirs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Border Desperado

Default No Sirs?

Hey all! I was downloading one of my fav Songs, Eric Clapton - It's in the way that you use it (In those Days I liked to think of me as Cruise, these Days- I'm into Newman's part LOL )... and came to me the idea of Sir Eric... Is he? I know we have Sir Elton, Sir Paul, Sir John Lennon right? How many are already? Are Harrison, Starkey, Clapton, Page, Gilmour, Mercury, May in the Club?

And main: In the USA, What should they name Don, Joe, Glenn?
    Chiefs?
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Default Re: No Sirs?

Um How about Bedwarmers?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Um How about Bedwarmers?

ooh EL thats a good one hehe

auntmeda:}

Thanks Mel I thought so too

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

FP--I'm slow Can you tell me what all those initials mean? This is a really interesting topic to me. I would love to hear more.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    FP--I'm slow Can you tell me what all those initials mean? This is a really interesting topic to me. I would love to hear more.
    You read my mind . I was thinking the same thing.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelongrun View Post
    Hey all! I was downloading one of my fav Songs, Eric Clapton - It's in the way that you use it (In those Days I liked to think of me as Cruise, these Days- I'm into Newman's part LOL )... and came to me the idea of Sir Eric... Is he? I know we have Sir Elton, Sir Paul, Sir John Lennon right? How many are already? Are Harrison, Starkey, Clapton, Page, Gilmour, Mercury, May in the Club?

And main: In the USA, What should they name Don, Joe, Glenn?
    Chiefs?
    Eric has a CBE. He isn't knighted and the late John Lennon and George Harrison were not knighted. I believe Brian May has a CBE, the same as Robert Plant, who was given one this year. Mick Jagger has a knighthood. Gilmour has a CBE. Sting has a CBE. Jimmy Page has an OBE. Bono, who is an Irish citizen, has an honorary knighthood. A lot of British rock stars tend to be given honorary degrees from universities in lieu of being given 'honours'. Mark Knopfler has one from the University of Sunderland and I think Page has one from Sussex.

Perhaps someone from the United States could fill us in on anything the Eagles could be awarded. I know that Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend were recent recipients of Kennedy Centre honours.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by thelongrun View Post
    Eric Clapton - It's in the way that you use it (In those Days I liked to think of me as Cruise, these Days- I'm into Newman's part LOL )... and came to me the idea of Sir Eric... Is he?
    I was just surfing the Border and I came upon your post...Eric Clapton is not "Sir Eric". He does, however, hold a royal title. He is dubbed by the queen as a "Commander of the British Empire", one of the titles previously listed by Freypower. There is a picture of Eric the night he recived the award in the unauthorized biography "Edge of Darkness."

I think it is a throw back to the days when he had a serious substance abuse problem. With all of the work he has done and money he has raised to help others overcome substance abuse problems I think the crown should reconsider.

Border Desperado

Thanks!
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.