Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mt Pleasant, MI 7-20-06

Default Re: Mt Pleasant!!! (setlist spoilers)

Amazing review and stunning picture, Nancy! Almost feel I could have been there with you. The man is HOT! How I hope that we'll hear those new songs one day.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: OK, EXCRUCIATINGLY DETAILED Review

I just wanted to ask what it was like when he walked to the mic without the guitar? It must have been very special. I don't think I would have survived. I also like the line 'the voice works but the legs don't'. The voice works, alright.

I do hope the song is on the album, although from what you've said it doesn't sound like an Eagles song, more a solo showcase. It would be very sad if it's not on the Eagles album and just disappears, because we know the Prelude To Obscurity thing is a joke.

P.S. - about it being a solo showcase rather than an "Eagles" type song due to the fact there isn't that "soaring harmony" - well - it's not as if all of their songs HAVE to be the same style. And look at Wasted Time. It's not unhead of, and he DID say it would be potentially on the new album. After all, he thinks it'd make a good Eagles song, and he should know. lol

~

Well, you never know about the song appearing on a solo album. Never say never!

As for seeing him walk up to the mic without a guitar - my mind was blown. It took me by surprise the first time at Mt Pleasant, because out of nowhere he started "I Love to Watch a Woman Dance" without any kind of instrumental intro, just suddenly turned to the mic and started singing. Having him sing such an intimate song without anything to hide behind really added to its power, it my opinion, especially since it allowed him to move his body a bit more, with expressive hand gestures - at times motioning like he was reaching out to the woman. I was lucky enough that he was facing our direction and it was even more affecting.

Since he had the guitar at "Desperado" the other two nights, when it was gone on Saturday at Rama, again my mind was blown. I immediately thought of you, Julie, and again it was "Our concert wishes all seem to be coming true!" He was able to grip the mic dramatically and do that two-fisted "LET SOMEBODY LOVE YOU" (he had actually done this over his guitar the first two nights. Maybe he finally figured out he didn't need it if he wasn't going to play it). It was so special. I'll never forget it.

~

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for those little snippets of what it was like Nancy...!

Very nice details, Nancy, thank you!

Bree, did you ever get your photo?

~~~

This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

I was wondering the same thing.

On Friday she told me she didn't have it yet, but I haven't spoken to her since then. Hopefully we'll get to see it soon!

~

Border Desperado

Taking over the computer in the middle of the afternoon 'cause my roomies are still asleep, I don't work 'til 4, and darn it, I haven't had more than 5 minutes on here at a time in more than a week!!!!

I did indeed get my photo!!! However, I'm paying dearly for all my adventures in that I don't have but $2.50 to last me 'til payday on Friday, LOL...so I can't scan it yet (I don't have a scanner, have to go to Kinko's). BUT, you can bet that on Friday on my way home, I'll be making a stop and uploading that puppy!!! It is so funny...I have a feeling Glenn was still a little baffled by how fast and how much I was TALKING, and he's just grinning...me, I'm clearly in a whole 'nother world.

There's also an 8x10 of Glenn from during the concert...SOOO lovely. I'll scan that as well, it's absolutely one of my favorite photos of him now I think...you can clearly see how open his shirt was and that chain necklace that he was wearing!!! The pendant is unfortunately not visible, but still. Siiiiiiigh!

Aw crap, a roomie woke up. Next on the financial agenda for Bree: her own freakin' laptop and a wireless router.

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"
    Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."
    Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

Maybe we all should have a whip round for you, Bree! Good to hear from you! Glad you finally got THE pic, and a bonus one, and very pleased that you may be able to share it with us!

~~~

This way to happiness...