Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuce!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Bruuuuce!

EV!!!!!!!!!! What a cool story! That is just unbelievable! My brother will also be salivating that you will get to meet the Boss. Yep, I'll give him a try!

And that sounds like a good trade to me. Keith will not disappoint you. You will fall in love. Get his Greatest Hits album-18 Kids so you can get to know him better before you see him. Or his latest dvd-Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy World Tour. His concerts are wild and crazy and he loves cameras and dancing, unlike those on the assisted living tour!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That, my friends, is exactly what the encore of a Springsteen concert is like--HOT!! Well, minus the fireworks and the choir, of course. Bruce sings and races around; the crowd sings and generally goes nuts; and the band usually goes more wild than that. Tonight's crowd was particularly lucky in the amount of actual 'Boss contact' they had when he went down that front aisle of the stage...he does 'personally' greet the audience during a show, but I don't think quite to that extent. BTW, for those of you care, the red-headed guitarist is his wife Patti Scialfa, a solo singer in her own right as well as an E-Streeter. The bandanna'd guitarist is 'Miami' Steve Van Zandt, who had a lead role in the Sopranos. The drummer is 'Mighty' Max Weinberg, who also drums and leads the band on 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien.' (The Sopranos and Late Night are those band members' second jobs, obviously.)

I just tried to post my Bruce setlists, but each one exceeded the capacity of the attachments that could be uploaded onto this site...sorry! You'll just have to follow my previous directions if you are interested in viewing them from Bruce's website.

Brooke, thanks for the suggestion on Keith's greatest hits album...I love the title of it! I will definitely check it out!
    Last edited by eaglesvet; 02-01-2009 at 11:06 PM.

My fears have materialized...my bro and I were shut out of both NJ Bruce shows this am, despite being online right at 9am. We were shooting for 5 tix, and it would've been helpful to have the other 3 folks (our spouses and one of my very BF) lending their computer hands as well...but they reportedly had somewhere like work to be at .

If history repeats itself, Bruce has always, as long as I can remember, added shows when he sells out in this neck of the woods. That is how he has sold out 10 and 15 shows on previous concert tours. So, we have decided to sit tight, keep our Bruce radar open for all rumors, and wait for additional shows...althought they probably won't happen till after he returns from the European leg in August.

Of course, I may crack and call my client later in the week just to lament our bad luck, and just see if she might offer to change her offer-- and include some actual tickets in addition to the passes. Ya never know till ya ask, right??

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Of course, I may crack and call my client later in the week just to lament our bad luck, and just see if she might offer to change her offer-- and include some actual tickets in addition to the passes. Ya never know till ya ask, right??
    Go for it EV! I understand your hesitation - you don't want to seem like a cling-on to this very nice person. But I'll bet she won't mind at all hearing from you!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dang, ev, I'm so sorry, but don't give up! Have you tried getting them last minute or on ebay like some have done here for Eagles tickets? I scored a 3rd row close to the center aisle ticket for Keith last April like 2 days before the show. It's nervewracking, but worth it.

And hey, maybe you could do some, ahem, low cost vet care for your friend. For a favor. KWIM? (know what I mean in case you didn't KWIM)

I really enjoyed Bruce's 12 minutes. I did think that his mike needed to be turned up. He seemed a little quiet. Great show though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Dang, ev, I'm so sorry, but don't give up! Have you tried getting them last minute or on ebay like some have done here for Eagles tickets? I scored a 3rd row close to the center aisle ticket for Keith last April like 2 days before the show. It's nervewracking, but worth it.

And hey, maybe you could do some, ahem, low cost vet care for your friend. For a favor. KWIM? (know what I mean in case you didn't KWIM)

I really enjoyed Bruce's 12 minutes. I did think that his mike needed to be turned up. He seemed a little quiet. Great show though!
    Oh, I definitely could go through the other markets. But we're pretty sure he'll add other shows, and then we have all those tickets to try for! Plus, I probably will just call her and ask what she might have up her sleeve. Trust me, she doesn't need any low-cost vet care...not with her home in the town where it is, plus an apt on Central Park in the city!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

My fingers are crossed for you EV (along with anything else I could cross!) I hope this works out for you and we all get to hear your story!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Evet, I bragged on you yesterday. A friend of mine was talking about how much he loved Bruce and I said, "Well, I know someone who has a backstage pass and is going to get to meet him!" They were duly impressed. Thanks for the prestige by association.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LOL! I can do the same for Glenn--impressionables!

For a really interesting read, Bruce describes his experience doing the Super Bowl half time show on his website, www.brucespringsteen.net. Some background you may not know: About the beginning of January, Bruce advertised on his website for volunteers (I think about 1000) who were required to spend the full week before the Super Bowl down in Tampa. They were required to be at every rehearsal daily during that week, in order to participate in the show. The volunteers' part during the show was to act as Bruce's 'concert audience'; and from Bruce's article I learned that they also were responsible for building and taking down the stage on the football field in record time. If I didn't have real life to deal with during the week, I definitely would've loved to have gone down as part of my vacation time! Anyway, I think you'll find the Boss's account of the show entertaining!