Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuce!

Border Desperado

Default Re: Bruuuuce!

eaglesvet,

I saw Bruce for the first time last fall in Nashville and was blown away!
    What a great 3 hour plus show it was. He definitely gives you your
    money's worth.

Also, my wife got me his new CD for my birthday and I think it's great.
    I REALLY like the opening track, "Outlaw Pete".

Rick
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

Did anyone catch Bruce on the Daily Show last night? What an awesome performance, and the interview was great too! I would love to see him on this tour-I've only seen him twice, in 1985 and in 2002, but both times were unforgettable!!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I did! wasn't he amazing? He looks so good! I couldn't believe it when he said he was 60. He looks 40.. okay.. 50.. and he sounds the same as he always has.

I missed it, but I've heard that the interview and performance are on www.thedailyshow.com. I have to check it out when I get home from work. Earlier today, 2 rehearsal shows went on sale for this tour, at the Asbury Park Convention Hall (down the shore)...of course sold out before I even had a chance. Ticketmaster was doing phone sales only, plus limiting people to 2 tickets for one show only, but I still came up empty-handed once again .

Bruce's rehearsal shows are great...my hubby and I had our best seats ever for a rehearsal show for the last album, Magic. They sold only a fraction of the seats in the arena--- I'd say only 1000, so everyone was free to sit/stand wherever...on the floor or in the lower tier seating. We chose the first row of the lower tier seating off to one side, because it was elevated above the rest of the crowd on the floor. Couldn't have been better. And the band plays it just like a regular concert...as professional and polished as the rest of the shows on the tour.

An update on my client, "The Connection:" Through a few recent phone messages, she has confirmed 2 backstage passes for me at the Meadowlands in May. When I relayed my inability to purchase any actual concert tickets due to the Ticketgate Fiasco that occurred here in NJ, she kinda chuckled, "Well, that would be a first...backstage passes with no seats...I guess you might be listening to the whole show from backstage, huh?" Then she said something about probably being able to get 2 actual seats for me in the "Friends and Family" section when they open up those seats a bit closer to the concert date!...I can only hope! That, or keep looking for Bruce to add more shows (which I think is a distinct possibility, when he returns from the European leg of the tour.)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - two seats in the family and friends section and backstage passes. If this woman comes through for you EV, you will owe her forever. Fingers remain crossed for you and please keep us posted!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I did! wasn't he amazing? He looks so good! I couldn't believe it when he said he was 60. He looks 40.. okay.. 50.. and he sounds the same as he always has.
    I just watched the show...he did look good! And of course sounded great! Ticky, he puts so much energy and activity into his concerts, he gives 30-yr-olds a run for their money--no joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    OMG - two seats in the family and friends section and backstage passes. If this woman comes through for you EV, you will owe her forever. Fingers remain crossed for you and please keep us posted!
    You think??

EV, all I can say is that you must be a damn good vet! Seriously, your client is very gracious to be doing this for you. And we'll be almost as excited as you are when you get to go backstage!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

How amazing, evet! That is gonna be one awesome night. And hey, even if you do have to listen from backstage.... what a novel and exciting experience!!! Heck, I might even prefer it. You can seem 'em from the normal seats anytime!

"Family and friends section" would be very nice as well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Did anyone catch Bruce on the Daily Show last night? What an awesome performance, and the interview was great too! I would love to see him on this tour-I've only seen him twice, in 1985 and in 2002, but both times were unforgettable!!
    Two other sites where the interview and performance are being shown:
    www.backstreets.com (unofficial fan website) and www.brucespringsteen.net.