Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuce!

Default Re: Bruuuuce!

Soda, stop your dreaming and get some real sleep, please! We can't have any more of this nonsense!

I read that Bruce is the "cover boy" on this month's AARP magazine, which is a hoot unto itself...he is nowhere near retiring, that's for sure! I imagine that might be the story line; ie, how to act like a 30-something when you are 60-something. I've asked one of the "oldertimers" at work to let me read her copy when she is through.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Thought of you Eva last night. I caught the Bruce Springsteen Biography. Pretty cool!!
    Yes, he is ! What station was it on?
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Quote Originally Posted by rickmullen View Post
    I was able to score some great seats for Bruce in Nashville in September.
    I saw him there last year and it was fantastic! I can't wait.

Rick
    Rick! You lucky dog! I just read that although Bruce has rescheduled the night for this show...as an added bonus, he and the band will be playing the complete Born to Run album, in its entirety from start to finish, at this show!! (Also at the Chicago show.) I can't believe it... can I come to your house? And use your tix??
    ~Eva~

Border Desperado

Yes, it's been changed to November. But it will be nice to get "Born To Run" from start to finish. Also, this will be be the first time I used the
    "paperless tickets". We'll see how it goes. Looking foward to it!

Rick
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Went to a Wal Mart today and spotted some very colorful tote bags for $12.00. I found a very nice one with BRUCE on the front. They also had AC/DC, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey (hope I spelled that right) and several other artists. NO EAGLES what a shame. I"ll keep looking maybe one of the other stores will have them.

What era is the Bruce pix from?
    ~Eva~

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I've seen this picture before, maybe on a CD cover. He is dressed in black and he is looking down. Doesn't look all that old to me but I could be way off. It's a close up picture and he looks great.

If you want to catch an amazing TV show, scout your current local listings on the NFL Network for Working on a Dream: A Super Bowl Journal. It's a one hour mini-documentary film featuring Bruce narrating how his half-time show came about and went down. It's as if Bruce is sitting with you in your living room, describing all the details of that 12-minute concert in a most humorous, intimate, and detailed way. It shows all the backstage goings-on, as well as the on-stage goings on, as he relates what's going through his and his band-mates minds at the time. If you can find it repeated, I highly recommend you watch it!
    ~Eva~

Aren't y'all glad ya got me to keep ya updated on the Boss? He's having a tremendous 2009, that's for sure! He's to be one of the 5 recipients of the Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, DC this December. He will be joined by writer-director Mel Brooks, opera great Grace Bumbry, jazz great Dave Brubeck, and actor Robert DeNiro. The announcement earlier this week read: "With his gritty and honest songs that speak to the everyman, Bruce Springsteen has always had his finger on the pulse of America." The Awards will be given by President Obama on Dec. 5, and broadcast in a televised special on CBS on Dec. 29. Congratulations to all of the winners!
    ~Eva~

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    Went to a Wal Mart today and spotted some very colorful tote bags for $12.00. I found a very nice one with BRUCE on the front. They also had AC/DC, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey (hope I spelled that right) and several other artists. NO EAGLES what a shame. I"ll keep looking maybe one of the other stores will have them.
    Oh I am so going to find that for one of my friends. She is a huge Bruce fan!!! Thanks Az!!