Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Movies

I've watched Christmas Vacation twice so far. The Rankin-Bass claymation ones are some of my favorites. (Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, The Year Without a Santa Claus). Charlie Brown is a must watch, as is the animated version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. My mom has been watching those romantic Hallmark movies, which I can't stand!

My must watch Christmas Eve movie is A Christmas Story. I've never seen It's A Wonderful Life, Elf or Miracle on 34th Street.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Last night, I finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and I have been jazzed about this movie for MONTHS, eagerly anticipating it. I wanted to see it opening night but since I'm visiting family and they wanted to see it too, I had to wait (although I considered seeing it without them and then watching it with them again - that's how badly I wanted to see it). I restrained myself, though, and waited until yesterday.

The movie was fantastic except for one thing... I won't spoil it, but there was this one thing that happened that really upset me and thus I have mixed feelings about the movie. I had planned on seeing it multiple times in the theater but now I don't think I could handle watching the movie again, at least not for a while.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I really like watching Christmas movies and I have to say I do enjoy most of the Christmas films mentioned so far. I absolutely love A Christmas Story, I watched it a couple of nights ago. Tonight I watched Home Alone, and I laughed as much as ever at the incompetent burglars. I enjoy Home Alone 2 every bit as much. Bad Santa surprised me, I saw it for the first time ever this year, it's very anarchic (and very definitely not for kids!) but I liked a lot more than I expected. I love Christmas Vacation too, but haven't watched that one yet this year.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hubby and I went to see The Revenant Friday night. I don't even remember the last time we went to a theater! He was really wanting to see this one after seeing the previews of it. Based on a true story. I liked it, but be prepared for gore, pain and suffering! I don't know how people survived the conditions back in those days, especially the mountain men. I couldn't do it!

Leonardo was awesome and I'm glad he won the Golden Globe for it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

My husband and I saw the movie, "Carol," on Saturday. This is a period piece set in the early 1950's. The cinematography is just beautiful. An impressive film.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border Pink Champagne's Avatar

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed - have not been able to read a lot of the board as of late but I just saw "Carol" this evening (great movie!) and as I was watching the credits at the end, Party Girl #2 was played by Taylor Marie Frey. She would have to be Glenn's daughter, right? I wish I had paid better attention during the party scene. Does anyone have any info about this?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the tip, PC. This is tricky because IMDB list the Party Girl #2 as the male actor Taylor Frey:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402927/...f_=tt_ov_st_sm

If you are sure the closing credits said Taylor Marie Frey, then I'd say it's a good chance that it is Glenn's daughter. Otherwise, it is entirely possible that Party Girl #2 could be a male dressed as a girl. I looked on You Tube to see if I could find a clip, but didn't see anything.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Surely we would have heard about this if there were any truth in it. IMDB is a relialble source.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm confused - how exactly would we have known about this, FP?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

To be honest I don't know. I thought there might have been a couple of people who followed Taylor Frey's Facebook page or who may have had a Google alert or something like that.