Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Default Re: Movies

Wow, what a coincidence Cathy, that is the movie we watched last night as well. It was sad when he got shot at the end though

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've always loved Clint Eastwood movies and can't wait to see Gran Torino. Yeah, I hate it that he's getting so old.

Thanks for the ending EL! Not!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Last night we watched Gran Torino starring Clint Eastwood. I have not watched that many of his movies, but this was a good one. When the final credits started rolling hubby said that he read that Clint said this would be his last film. All of a sudden tears rolled down my cheeks as I realized that another great actor from my generation is 'getting up there' and will no longer be making movies. I would recommend this movie to anyone if you haven't seen it yet.
    My husband's birthday was this weekend and he is a big Eastwood fan so he wanted us to watch that movie together, so we did. We both enjoyed it very much. I think Eastwood's character reminded him of his father, who died before he & I even started dating. At the end of the movie I saw him wipe tears from his face, too.

The next day we took our teenage daughters to see UP. It is a 3D animated movie that is not just for kids-- it is for all ages. The heartwarming story will definitely surprise you, and I had to wipe tears from my eyes at one point during that movie, too.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well belated happy birthday to your hubby Dana. Thanks for your comments on UP. I won't get to see it. The plan is that Chris and Paul will go to it on the night of 30th June. Laura and I will have other (far more important) things on our agenda!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I watched Gran Torino on the plane over to Dallas. It helped to keep me sane! It was brilliant. Love, love, love Clint Eastwood.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm so excited---8 more days till this.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItB9jxnhOs[/ame]
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie,
    The YouTube is blank, but I bet you might mean HP 6. My sons are both away at camp next week, so we won't be seeing it until the following week. Can you let me know what you think of the scenes in the movie where Harry and Dumbledore are attempting to find the Horcrux? Also the final battle scenes back at Hogwarts. I'm wondering how scary those scenes will be for my 10yr old on the big screen. To date, he has been afraid to see all the previous movies in the theater (mainly because of how creepy Voldemort and the Dementors are), but is fine with seeing them on DVD on our TV (but he also was at least 2 years younger at the time.)

If you think you might give away TMI by posting here, feel free to PM me. Thanks!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'll let you know Eva. I thought 5 was quite scary to be honest. This one should be interesting with the battle scene. We probably will see it Saturday the 18th--have to check with the kids schedules because we have seen everyone of them as a foursome.

BTW-the YouTube vid is working for me. Hmm!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm thinking the Horcrux scene might be a little stimulating as well. And I still can't open the You Tube screen...but I'm not too worried about that. I knew what you meant!

ETA: I just realized why---I am at work (we are closed), and they block certain websites, and YouTube must be one of them. It's a wonder I can get into Eaglesonlinecentral!!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...