Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Default Re: Movies

It's working for me too, Eva did you try rebooting your computer?

I just edited my post...it has to do with the fact that I'm at my work computer, and I guess they don't want us watching YouTube...go figure !
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I finally got around to seeing No Country For Old Men, and I loved it. I was hooked from the first scene, and I thought it was chilling. Talk about adrenalin! I'm interested to know what others thought? I really want to read the novel now.

Oh, and I took one of my service users to see The Half-Blood Prince this afternoon. I thought it was great. Funny, dark and pretty scary (for a younger audience.) Very good.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I still have to see the Half-Blood Prince, but I'd better get to it quick. My Harry Potter-lovin' friend will kill me if I don't! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I saw Harry Potter and the half blood prince yesterday.
    I found the movie really good, however I must say that I found the book better! I found particularly the end of the book better than those of the film!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

No Country For Old Men is on my short list of movies to rent. I might just go grab it today.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

This past weekend I took a day off from everything and watched some movies. We get free on demand movies and came across Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Akroyd. I forgot how good that movie is. I also came across Kingdom Of Heaven(edited). I had seen it before but as usual with movie watching in my house, everyone has to talk throughout the entire movie. This time I got to watch uninterrupted and really enjoyed it. The Others with Nicole Kidman is a good one too, suspenseful with a twist ending. Bucket List is one of my newly favorite movies. I love the combo of Freeman and Nicholson. I hope they decide to make another movie together.

Thanks for reminding me-- Bucket List had been on my bucket list to see, but never had gotten around to when it was playing in the theatres. That, and Best in Show--someone has recommended that to me a few times, and is always disappointed when I tell him I haven't had the chance to rent it yet... apparently very funny.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Oh, I loved The Bucket List! I watched As Good As It Gets for the first time the other day, too. Brilliant. Gotta love Jack Nicholson. ("Excellent work, Henley. Excellent work." )

I also finally got around to seeing Milk yesterday, and loved it. I thought the acting was sensational, and it was very emotional, but uplifting too. I believe one of the reviews said "life-affirming". Definitely worth watching.

Anybody seen There Will Be Blood? Worth getting?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Loved both of those Nicholson movies. Especially As Good As It Gets. Hilarious!

I have There Will Be Blood, but haven't watched it yet.

I finally got to watch Gran Torino. Great movie! Clint Eastwood is such a grouchy old fart, but you can't help but laugh at him. A really great story.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten