Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Default Re: Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I finally got around to seeing No Country For Old Men, and I loved it. I was hooked from the first scene, and I thought it was chilling. Talk about adrenalin! I'm interested to know what others thought? I really want to read the novel now.
    Troub, I did finally watch this movie. It was very riveting and very depressing! Well made!

We also recently watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons. I didn't like it so much. It was just okay.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Troub, I did finally watch this movie. It was very riveting and very depressing! Well made!
    Oh, I'm glad you thought so. Javier Bardem's character was one frightening psychopath! The scene where he trapped that poor shop guy into a bizarre conversation, and then flipped a coin to see if he would live or die... It was so horrible, I almost couldn't watch. Brilliantly acted, though. So creepy. I must get my hands on that novel...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

PM, I recently saw "Benjamin Button" too, and I found it to be extremely depressing. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. It was well acted, but I could never watch it again.
    Troub, I also saw "Milk" recently, and liked it so much I am now reading the bio on Harvey Milk, "The Mayor of Castro Street"-excellent portrait of this courageous man!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Oh, I'm glad you thought so. Javier Bardem's character was one frightening psychopath! The scene where he trapped that poor shop guy into a bizarre conversation, and then flipped a coin to see if he would live or die... It was so horrible, I almost couldn't watch. Brilliantly acted, though. So creepy. I must get my hands on that novel...
    I just did not like this one at all. Way too creepy for me.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just watched "The Changeling" yesterday, starring Angelina Jolie. What a fantastic performance she gave on this one! It was based on a true story, and was so very sad. However, the main character's courage and conviction was very inspiring-highly recommend it!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Don't have a movie theater here, so I get videos from the local library. The last two I watched was UP and Star Trek. I enjoyed them both.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Just watched "The Changeling" yesterday, starring Angelina Jolie. What a fantastic performance she gave on this one! It was based on a true story, and was so very sad. However, the main character's courage and conviction was very inspiring-highly recommend it!
    I thought The Changeling was really good, too.

And I watched "P.S. I Love You" last night. It was really good if you don't mind crying every once in a while. Hillary Swank stars.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

OK -I admit it but we watched The Hangover the other night and I laughed so hard I cried! I love stupid humor and this is full of it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Was wondering if anyone here has seen It Might Get Loud yet? It's a rock documentary that features Jimmy Page, The Edge of U2 and Jack White from The White Stripes. I meant to pick it up at Target last week while I was there (I even saw it, then Katie started talking to me and I forgot-I'm getting OLD). I don't know if I should rent it first or if it is something I would rather buy.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I suppose it all depends on whether you think the other two guitarists are on the same 'page' as James Patrick. To be as diplomatic as possible, I don't think they are. I would want to see his segment but not the others. I can't help that.