Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I suppose it all depends on whether you think the other two guitarists are on the same 'page' as James Patrick. To be as diplomatic as possible, I don't think they are. I would want to see his segment but not the others. I can't help that.
    Hell No!! Not even close!! James Patrick is the all time greatest guitar God that's ever walked the face of this earth and I would drop to my knees and bow down to him as he walked by and kiss the ground he walks...... well you get the point.

That's exactly what I'm thinking also and that's why I haven't bought it yet. Will rent it first and see how much my God, ummmm Mr. Page is in it first and go from there. Thanks Julie for your opinion (some how when I was asking that question, I KNEW YOU'D be the one to help me make the decision).
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado

I suppose it all depends on whether you think the other two guitarists are on the same 'page' as James Patrick. To be as diplomatic as possible, I don't think they are. I would want to see his segment but not the others. I can't help that.
    interesting take. Jimmy was consulted as to who HE wanted to work with and he chose those two... I guess what is good for the goose is not necessarily what is good for the gander.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Stuck on the Border

I totally respect Pagey's decision to work with those guys, and it would probably be interesting to watch from a purely objective viewpoint. I just don't think he needs to share his space with anyone else.

I totally respect Pagey's decision to work with those guys, and it would probably be interesting to watch from a purely objective viewpoint. I just don't think he needs to share his space with anyone else.
    Except me of course! Did I say how much of a God I think this man is?

I just saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie and I thought it was AMAZING.

I've always loved mystery novels, starting with Nancy Drew when I was about 7 and going from there. When I was about 10, I read "The Speckled Band" and became fascinated by Sherlock Holmes. I devoured all of his stories in a matter of weeks (I was quite the reader, lol) and have re-read them several times since then.

Everyone told me that this was nothing like the literary character, and while it is true that many aspects of his person are changed, I believe it was true to the spirit of the works - that of the smallest details leading to brilliant deductions that, once explained, become "Elementary." It's very intelligently done - what seems to be fantastically inexplicable is solved piece by piece - and no "cheating" with implausible solutions. Several twists took me by surprise but again, not with cheating but rather with clever plotting.

I also have to give kudos to their recreation of 1890s England. It is incredibly realistic and detailed.

Yes, this Sherlock Holmes is more passionate and fiery than the colder-natured lead of A. Conan Doyle's stories, but this is a movie, after all! Robert Downey Jr. does a terrific job.

It's been a long time since I've been as entertained by a movie as I have been by Sherlock Holmes. Can't wait for the sequel!

Here's the trailer:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITU27Sxzi9w[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the recommendation! I think I'll try and catch this one!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

i love horror movies
    i have loads on dvd
    Scream trilogy, Saw 1,2,3 and 4, Valentine, Halloween 2, Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween H20, Halloween: Resurrection, Final Destination 1,2, and 3 and loads more

i recently bought The Final Destination 3D and My Bloody Valentine 3D on dvd, both good movies

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thanks Soda. I think I will watch that movie, seems to be very entertaining.

Just needed to revise this thread after seeing Twilight for the first time last night. I have read Twilight and New Moon but then 2 times have started Eclipse but can't get thru it. I'm now hoping that I will be able to see New Moon soon and then maybe it will inspire me to read the last 2 books before the movies come out.

I don't remember if we've already discussed Twilight but was wondering how others felt about it. I know it's suppose to be for the "younger" crowd but I really enjoyed it and one of my male friends who's a couple years older than me, told me this morning he had caught it last week one night a really liked it also.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I don't remember if we've already discussed Twilight but was wondering how others felt about it.
    I started reading the Twilight series from hearing about it on the board here and at work. Ive just read the first two books - I'm trying to read them just before the movie is released. Fortunately I've been able to borrow them from coworkers. I'm about to borrow Eclipse.

Some of my coworkers loved them, but for me, they're just okay. The movies are fun and stay pretty close to the books, which is good.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.