Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Default Re: Movies

I saw Crazy Heart recently and its wonderful. I am sure there are a lot of the formerly famous that could identify with this character. Jeff Bridges was amazing and I am so glad he got the Oscar he deserved for this role.

Speaking of Jeff Bridges, I just saw him in the first Iron Man last weekend (rented it with my friend before seeing the new one that just came out) and he was great. So was Robert Downey Jr. - I enjoyed the movie all around, but I've always been partial to action/adventure with a hint of sci-fi.

I definitely want to see Crazy Heart, especially after the rave reviews it's getting here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I watched Paranormal Activity yesterday. I'd been wanting to see it out of curiosity, and I must admit - it was pretty frickin' creepy! I like those kind of simple, 'realistic', psychological horror movies, rather than the gore-fests that are rampant now.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I watched Crazy Heart last night. It was really good and Jeff Bridges was great as the main character. The whole time I kept thinking he reminded me of Kris Kristofferson and the movie "A Star Is Born" from the '70's. It didn't hurt to have Collin Ferrell appear once in a while either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I watched Paranormal Activity yesterday. I'd been wanting to see it out of curiosity, and I must admit - it was pretty frickin' creepy! I like those kind of simple, 'realistic', psychological horror movies, rather than the gore-fests that are rampant now.
    I was just talking about this movie with a coworker this morning. While I also enjoy the "looks like it could really happen" type of horror movies, I found this one to be a lot of hype and not much action. I felt like I 'waited' for an hour and a half until something major finally happened!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I know what you mean, PM. My sister said much the same (I am amazed she went to see it as she hates horror films!) I was fairly impressed though. It was watchable, and it did deliver that elusive tingle up the spine. So many of the horror/thriller films I've watched - especially ones made in recent years - don't do that. Certain moments - for instance, when the girl got up out of bed and just stood in the darkness looking at her boyfriend for hours - really worked for me. Just that image of her standing there is FREAKY. And then you think "Well, she must have been sleepwalking..." and you kind of accept it and explain it away as you would in reality. I liked that element of it.

I just saw The A-Team and loved it!

When I was little, I watched it religiously every week and had a pre-adolescent crush on Face. I went into this movie expecting to be disappointed and dissatisfied - and instead I was really happy with it!

It says true to the original series in its unapologetically crazy, over-the-top action and humor with a lot of explosions but a surprisingly low body count for a movie of this type. Also, to my astonishment, all of the casting choices worked - I was especially leery of Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper as Hannibal and Face (respectively), but they really pulled it off. And Cooper... well, his long days in the gym have paid off in spades...

Fans of the old series need to stay in the theater until after the credits for a special treat!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

A Friend and i went to see Killers last week I was actually a very funny movie. I actually cant wait for Katherine Heigl to play Stephany Plum in One For the Money next year after seeing Killers i think shell be great
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

I'd like to see Killers, too! Katherine Heigl was on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross this week, and she was brilliant. She seemed really sweet, and very funny.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

We don't have a movie theater here so the closest thing here is the DVDs I get from the library. I got Avatar and It's Complicated. The special effects in Avatar were great.