Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Default Re: Movies

I finally watched Crazy Heart the day before yesterday. I absolutely loved it. Jeff Bridges was fantastic (and delicious), and Maggie Gyllenhaal gave a brilliant performance, as usual. It was funny and moving, with great music and stunning scenery. I loved seeing Robert Duvall - one of my absolute favourite actors. His role was relatively small but he played a great character who was instrumental in Bad Blake's recovery. I would recommend this film to anyone.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

And how are you enjoying your new TV Troub?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Oh, I'm loving it - thanks, Cathy! It's great for watching sports and films. Can you believe I haven't watched HFO on it yet, though? I must remedy that as soon as possible!

I can't believe you haven't done that yet Troub! When I move, I'm going to get a new TV - a nice one (the one I currently have is 13 years old). One of the first things I'm going to do is watch my concert DVDs!

I just saw Iron Man 2 - I'm late to the game there, I know, but I wanted to wait and see it with my fellow sci-fi/action lover friend. I thought it was pretty good - perhaps not as good as the first, but still entertaining.

Robert Downey had obviously been spending a lot of time in the gym and looked nice and buff. Oh my gosh, though, I could see Gwyneth Paltrow's bones whenever she wore a revealing dress. I hope she's not going too far trying to stay "Hollywood thin."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Mickey Rourke also turned in a really great performance as the villain in Iron Man 2 with Robert Downey, Junior; at the top of his game; staring as the hero; Tony Stark.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

If you want company breaking the new TV in with HFO, let me know Lou! *G* Im always up for HFO *G* you know me!

I'm finally going to go see Eclipse tonight. I'm really excited. I love the books and really liked the two previous movies and i hear that third movie is supposed to be even better.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I watched The Hurt Locker and The Last King Of Scotland this week. Both highly recommended (of course, they both won awards and were critically acclaimed.) Harrowing and intense, but excellent.

I also watched The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn. For those who haven't seen it, I won't give much away, but it's worth watching. It's very elaborate, but an interesting concept. It will get your heart racing anyway!

I saw Paranormal Activity 2 a couple of weeks ago with my sister. I really liked it. Very similar to the first one, but I still found it quite creepy. (Anything with babies and dogs in potential danger will make your heart race and your head yell "Noooo!") I liked that it took place before the first movie and basically explained the whole story more. Definitely worth a watch if you like being spooked.

On a lighter note, I bought Julie and Julia the other day, and really liked it. Perfect, cosy movie for this wintry weather!

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

i've seen 2 movies the past couple of months Despicable Me 3D and Megamind 3D both good films