Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love in the 21st Century - Mature content!

Default Re: Love in the 21st Century - Mature content!

Thanks Julie - not sure why my post cut off!

~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As far as I've Got Mine, it's probably one of my all time favorite solo songs. As good as the song is, IMO, the video just doesn't do a real good job at telling the story. I also agree that POMPOY is a waste of film. If they really wanted the video to promote the film, they could have shown more of the hot male (no, not Brad Pitt).

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

And also, there's one pretty horrific piece of editing in that POMPOY video - they show the guy grabbing Louise with the intention of raping her while Glenn is singing "You and I will always be together..." WTH?!

~

Border Desperado

Agreed wholeheartedly with the I've Got Mine comments...that video bothers me SO MUCH because it was one of the first songs that ever gave me so much inspiration for a music video idea that I had to abandon the walk I just started and run home and get on my computer and write it all down. It had so much potential, and that is absolutely one of my favorite solo songs! POMPOY...yah...Nancy...that little editing mishap...*extremely* unfortunate. I highly doubt she wanted to 'always be together' in that particular scene!!!

As for Love In The 21st Century, I'm going to have to rewatch this, because when I saw it before I was still riding Glenn Concert High and I don't think I noticed the millisecond cutaways, or otherwise they haven't remained in my memory. Freaky picture, though, dear Lord!

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"

Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

It would be very interesting to see what sort of screenplay you would have come up with for 'I've Got Mine', Bree.

As for 'Love In The 21st Century', I think it fulfils what it intended to do, in pointing out how the quest for love can be debased into a sordid world of loveless sex. It's not a comfortable video at all, although I can see some humour, and I still love the song.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, said Kate.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...